Thanks members for the help

spearmint

Before our Nov.17 Century cruise, I discovered this website, and want to thank everyone who contiributed comments on the various lines and ships. We were happy to see that the majority seem to be as satisfied as we are with Celebrity.

One of you asked about a camera purchase in Aruba, and another answered with a site "steve's" and a store "Boulchand"s" . As a Canadian, I accessed the sites and got American prices which you said were about the same as Caribbean prices. They are much better than Canadian. With the lack of duty, I bought a camera at Boulchand's in Aruba, plus a 1GB memory card, a USB cable, a card reader, a camera case, a charger with batteries and extra batteries for $530 total. Even with exchange, I doubt that it will cost much more that $625 Canadian. The camera alone in Canada would be about $700 and with tax, $825. So thanks to you members, I saved a lot; in fact, without knowledge of possible American prices, I would not have bought one at all. I also met tarheelmjfan and cruisebear by accident on the ship, and after talking to them, came home and immediately became a member. This is a great site. Thanks, again.

Archived