Oasis fitness classes, spinning vs boot camp?

I'll be going to the gym most mornings. I do Orange Theory now but gave done cross fit and personal training in the past.

Questions are

1. Do they still have the Flywheel spinning experience?

2. Are all of the Boot Camp classes at 10 am? (Seems awfully late)

3. The boot camp class is priced much higher than the spin classes so comparing the two the boot camp is more of a workout?

4. The yoga on the helipad is at 7:45, I'll be traveling alone with my girls, and Kids Camp isn't open until 8. Do they make exceptions for people involved in paid for activities?

5. Is the personal training any good?

Any insight into the classes offered on the Oasis is appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by amyhphoto

I don't do the spinning classes but those boot camp classes are as hard as you make them. they follow the same "program" on all the ships so it'll also depend on the instructor and the specific combos that they decide on. They pick 4 exercises (should be different each class) and you do a set of 16 reps of each, then 14, 12, 10, 8, 6. The classes are generally about 35-40 mins. On the Oasis class ships they usually throw in something I really like. they have you run a lap on the track in the beginning and sometimes once during the middle of the class. If you do it properly you shoud be gasping for breath the entire session.

I've only done the personal training once, when they had a special, 3 sessions for 99. It was great but I dont think I would pay the normal price for it.

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer this for me. I'm looking forward to experiencing the gym. I'm still very interested if they have the Flywheel Spin classes....they look really fun and competitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was on Oasis a few years ago, the yoga classes were $12.00. It seems to me that the fly wheel classes were more, but I can't remember the cost. Of course, it will depend on the instructor; but the classes that I have taken in the past are generally very good and worth the cost.

Just a note on Adventure Ocean( kidsclub). On seadays they normally open at 9 am, on port days they will open 30 min before gangway opens.

Its so confusing all the different information out there regarding Adventure Ocean. This is what I just read on Cruise Critic: https://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=368&pgtype=family

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 26.0px 'Helvetica Neue'}

"Adventure Ocean opens at 6:30 a.m. and runs through 10 p.m. Kids are brought to lunch at the Wipe Out Cafe between noon and 1 p.m. and to dinner at the Windjammer buffet between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. There is no cost."

I am getting ready for a September cruise and learning about the Oasis now. Have you tried looking at recent Cruise Compass dailies. I think they will give you the best idea of how things are currently working. From what I've seen in them, all the things you mention are still offered, but not everyday. Also the Kid's club seems to open at different hours on different days. They do list an "Indoor Cycling Class" on the June 25th Oasis cruise. There are rules against posting other websites, so go to "name of the cruise line blog.com" You will see a menu for Cruise Compass at the top, click on that and you will find a listing of recent dailies.

I'm a runner (treadmill / elliptical in rain) guy, so I can't speak first hand to the spinning or classes. I went to Orange Theory once. It is next to our grocery store, and they were inviting people to a free class when they opened. Turns out my fitness level is well behind my competitive level. That big ranking board almost killed me. Well that and the machine that pretends to be a rowing machine, but has a really vindictive and cruel soul. Based on that, I won't even try cross fit. Good luck.

Haha. Maybe give OTF another try? Thanks for the advice I'll look it up. I'm looking forward to the spin classes for the sole reason that they do the same thing as OTF and throw your name and stats up on a screen and there's an actual winner. I mean what better way to ensure major calorie burn than forcing me to compete against my fellow cruise mates? I will just go to the gym Sunday and check it out and get reservations. Thx

Haha. Maybe give OTF another try? Thanks for the advice I'll look it up. I'm looking forward to the spin classes for the sole reason that they do the same thing as OTF and throw your name and stats up on a screen and there's an actual winner. I mean what better way to ensure major calorie burn than forcing me to compete against my fellow cruise mates? I will just go to the gym Sunday and check it out and get reservations. Thx

Good luck. Since that is your goal, I hope you get a very fit set of fellow cruisers to compete against.

Good luck. Since that is your goal, I hope you get a very fit set of fellow cruisers to compete against. That is what makes running on the track more fun than the treadmill. Passing people. Then trying to lap people.

Its so confusing all the different information out there regarding Adventure Ocean. This is what I just read on Cruise Critic: https://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=368&pgtype=family

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 26.0px 'Helvetica Neue'}

"Adventure Ocean opens at 6:30 a.m. and runs through 10 p.m. Kids are brought to lunch at the Wipe Out Cafe between noon and 1 p.m. and to dinner at the Windjammer buffet between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. There is no cost."

It might have changed since i worked there, but those opening hours looks like a port day. On seadays it was 9am open. But check once you get onboard