Room Service in Suites

Lunarwolf

Hi everyone,

I'm going on my first cruise on Ventura to the Canaries in September and really looking forward to it!!! After reading other posts on Suite benefits I'm a bit confused whether room service is free when ordered through your butler but at a cost otherwise - can that be right?

Any advice appreciated - and many thanks!

Hi everyone,

I'm going on my first cruise on Ventura to the Canaries in September and really looking forward to it!!! After reading other posts on Suite benefits I'm a bit confused whether room service is free when ordered through your butler but at a cost otherwise - can that be right?

Any advice appreciated - and many thanks!

Yes that's correct. Make sure that you page your butler every time you want room service. He may not be the person who calls you back, but having ordered via the butler route everything is free. We have just returned from Britannia where the new room service menu had been introduced on our cruise and we used it several times and can confirm that it is all free for suite passengers.

Thanks Selbourne! That's really good to know as it provides more choice for dining at lunch and dinner, especially when the weather is good and the balcony awaits...I'm also looking forward to breakfast in The Epicurean.

Thanks Selbourne! That's really good to know as it provides more choice for dining at lunch and dinner, especially when the weather is good and the balcony awaits...I'm also looking forward to breakfast in The Epicurean.

We thought it was pretty good and it always arrived hot. We love the Epicurean and having breakfast in there is one of the things we love about having a Suite. Unfortunately, it wasn't such a great experience this time. There was a large group with a baby that screamed a lot and young children who whinged and cried regularly and they were always seated in the centre of the restaurant so could be heard throughout. It was certainly not the usual calm and tranquil start to the day that we have enjoyed on our previous 2 cruises in suites on Britannia. In fact, some days it was like dining in a crèche rather than a fine dining restaurant! On a couple of days we took sanctuary in the main dining room and, on one occasion, even the buffet (unheard of for us). You will probably have more luck in September as it's not school holidays. You might still get babies, but hopefully they will be more like the one who sat at our end of the restaurant each morning who was an absolute sweetheart and brightened everyone's morning, especially the waitresses!

Usually if you order via regular room service and tell them you are in a suite they call the Butler anyway and he brings it. If it is regular room service who bring it and you inadvertently get charged they will take it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks once again Selbourne...I do understand Ventura will be much quieter in September and perhaps a different experience than during the Summer holidays...I will be on holiday with my partner and daughter (age 10 and home educated). She is 'totally psyched' to be on a ship and the itinerary suits us with 5/7 sea days and 5 ports to explore!

Thank you Florry! It's so useful to be able to access advice from 'seasoned cruisers", especially when the information just isn't available on the P & O website...

Sadly Ventura seems to get more than her fair share of bad reviews but I prefer to make up my own mind based on my experience. We are going to be in an aft suite on this cruise so we will make the most of our balcony and enjoy the awesome aft views - did I say I can't wait.:D