What time to embark?

KittyB

Our cruise out of San Francisco also leaves at 5pm. If you look in your Cruise Personalizer under Itinerary, it should list the time you can embark. Mine says 12 Noon so yours is probably about the same. I believe you can embark anytime between Noon and about 4pm.

2:00 p.m. is a good time as the early rush will be over and you probably will walk right on with no line ups. That's the time we boarded in Ft. Lauderdale last April and between the time we left our hotel and entered our cabin was literally 30 minutes.

We have arrived at embarkation as early as 12:30 - 1:30 and usually encounter no lines. That's one more advantage to arriving the day before - it gives you a lot of extra time on board that is really part of your 7 or 10 day cruise.

Using Princess hotels the night before and Princess bus transfers also tends to get you there early on embarkation day, so you can enjoy an afternoon onboard ship relaxing, partying, or orienting.

Our ship leaves at 5PM, so what time should we get to the cruise port in San Diego?

Allowing time for the previous cruise to disembark, I'd say 1 pm is about right to board. This is time enough for your cabin steward to get your cabin prepared and for the rest of the ship to be ready.

As a San Diego resident, I can assure you that this is a great port to sail from. Have a great cruise......:)

Archived