How many attend?

sp29488

We always attend the shopping talk and try to sit down near the center front. They throw out samples from the different stores. On one cruise the CD threw a black pearl necklace right at me. My DH caught a small bottle of vanilla and our son caught a small bottle of liqueur on another cruise. They also throw out t-shirts and other items. Also, this talk is a good way to find out which stores give out free samples, such as charms, jewelry, etc.

I never attend the talks either. You can catch a lot of it on television later and usually I have too much sun to catch to be inside. I think the only talk I ever attended was the disembarkation talk on my very first cruise. Honestly the port talks do seem to mostly be sales pitches for the cruise lines "recommended" stores.

... Honestly the port talks do seem to mostly be sales pitches for the cruise lines "recommended" stores.

Generic synopsis of Travel talks:

blah blah tanzinite blah blah blah tanzinite blah blah tanzinite blah blah blah tanzinite blah blah tanzinite blah blah blah tanzinite :(

Generic synopsis of Travel talks:

blah blah tanzinite blah blah blah tanzinite blah blah tanzinite blah blah blah tanzinite blah blah tanzinite blah blah blah tanzinite :(

Funny, Duck and oh so true. I never attend. If I need to know I just watch it on my cabin TV. But then, I never attend much of anything in the lounge so there you go.

On my first cruise, before I knew any better, I attended. Depending on the CD, they can be entertaining.

But, now that I've found these boards, I do my research so I don't need to hear about what Carnival wants me to do on shore. Also, I don't care much for shopping so I don't need to hear about that either.

The only thing I listen to is the debark talk on TV while I'm packing. There's just too many foo foo drinks up on Lido to be wasting time in the lounge!

I did on the first cruise, but got their number after that. I do my research here and all over the internet before we cruise and no longer feel the need to listen to their pitch. Besides, I always manage to catch some of it on the TV and I'm much more comfy in my cabin.

Archived