Receiving texts and email on iPhone while onboard

steve4031

interesting. Was this more or less reliable than using the Carnival Hub Chat thing?

Didn't even bother with that. Made no sense to pay an extra $5 when we already paid for the Internet plans.

When I needed to communicate with someone back home that didn't have an iPhone I used FB Messenger. Everyone else that wasn't on the ship that did have an iPhone I used iMessage.

Didn't even bother with that. Made no sense to pay an extra $5 when we already paid for the Internet plans.

When I needed to communicate with someone back home that didn't have an iPhone I used FB Messenger. Everyone else that wasn't on the ship that did have an iPhone I used iMessage.

Ah ok. Cool, well that iMessage working on the Value plan is great to know.

Does anyone have any experience with FaceTime? I'm going to buy the premium plan and I know that it clearly says that it doesn't support FaceTime but sometimes things are different than stated. I want to use this as a way to communicate with my mother on her iPod. She doesn't have a smartphone but we got her the iPod for FaceTime and viewing photos. Last year it worked perfectly on Royal. I tried to download Skype on iPod but it was giving me difficulties. I realize that I might have to settle with just messages but I was wondering if anyone here had tried anything. Thank you!

i have used imessage with the social plan on several ships. i have used the imessage to talk with my sister who was on the same ship as me. i also used it to talk to my friend who was back home. you just can not send pictures or video just words. i have also used the app whatsapp on the social plan to keep in touch with my mother in law who was at our house watching the kids while we were cruising.(she has an android phone and we have an apple) on the vista we were actually able to call her and talk to her like a phone through the whatsapp on the social plan. but on the pride which has horrible wifi i couldn't use this function even with the premium plan. i was able to text back and forth with her or to leave voice mails back and forth.

I have a imessage question for Android users. I have an iPad pro 10.5 and have started using the imessage more frequently because my friend has an iPhone and my oldest daughter now has an iPhone. But I have an LG G6 android phone and my phone is always with me. My Daughter or my friend will message me sometimes through iMessage and I wont see it till i pick up my iPad usually hours after they sent the message. So i thought well lets just see if theres a iMessage app available for android phones. Well theres several of them. who's app is the one that works on the same iMessage user name as my iPad? Which one do I download? By what app author or app creator is the one I want?

I notice in reviews of some of these apps that some you can not send pictures or videos. Im looking for one that does.

I have always been able to use Imessage with the social plan including imessaging on the ship and also people back home. For anyone that doesn't have an Iphone back home i have them downlaod whatsapp and i can message through wifi to them with the social plan. Have done this on quite a few of the ships.