Just booked my first Princess cruise...

and we're VERY excited icon_biggrin.gif Sailing the Caribbean Princess Dec 11 on the 7 night itinerary through the Eastern Caribbean icon_cool.gif

We've selected the Personal Choice dining.. any tips on how to best use this feature?

Also, we booked the PS category (Lido106) How does this level compare with the PH and OS? We are waitlisted for both of the above, but I wonder if we wouldn't be just as happy where we are icon_wink.gif

And, finally, if anyone has a handy list of Suite perks, I'd love to see them!

Thanks,

Ahnalira

oooh enjoy your cruise!!!

you'll love your cruise director, graham seymour.

make sure to attend the activities that he is involved in- you won't regret it!

and make sure to go to the champagne waterfall on the second formal night...it was one of the best nights on our cruise!

-Meagan

Ahnalira,

For personal choice, you will hear many good and bad things on these boards. If you decide that you need a standing reservation, by all means make one when you get onboard. I am planning on going to the dining room for dinner whenever I feel like eating, with the exception of the nights that I will go to the specialty restaurants (Sabatini's and Sterling) - it is highly recommended that you make reservations for those. If you want a large or small table, you can request when you walk up or when you reserve ahead.

How fortunate that you can afford those luxury suites! I am very happy for you but unfortunately only have experience with the B-category balcony rooms. Enjoyicon_smile.gif

I will have more information on the ship when I return in late August.

Take Care!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dawn Princess 04/11/2004 ~ Southern Caribbean

Caribbean Princess 08/14/2004 ~ Eastern Caribbean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;8;14;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Congratulations! I have been very curious about those suites, so if you don't come back and post a review, with a link to pictures, I will be quite disappointed. The service levels are basically the same for all the suites, as nearly as I can tell. The OS might have a personal computer, but you'll still have free use of the internet cafe if you don't wind up there.

One of the perks of the suites is preferred dining reservations. We really didn't take advantage of this since we were in traditional dining. For those in PC, there are tables for two that are reserved for passengers in suites at the peak dining times. I think it is also possible to get into the alternative restaurants using this perk. We tried to book Sterling one night, but were told it was full at the day and time we requested. The nice person at the concierge desk said he would see if he could fit me in "sometime". About 10 minutes later he called back and gave me a reservation at the time I had originally requested. Perks at work? Maybe.

Enjoy your cruise. And take pictures. We want pictures!

Completed:

Sea Princess, Royal Princess, Grand Princess (3X), Caribbean Princess, Golden Princess

Archived