8 day menu

itolduso

I have special dietary needs. I know lame but moving on. [emoji30] [emoji12]

I was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction to find an 8 day menu for the MDR. I am going on the Magic in September on an Eastern Carribean itinerary. I know my waiter will bring me the menu the night before so I can choose my meal for the next night.

I like to research the recipes for each dish so I know ahead of time what I can and canot have. Not something easily done while on the ship. [emoji6]

Thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Forums mobile app

I was wondering about this also for a 5 day cruise. My daughter is allergic to dairy, casein and whey. Do they just adjust your meal from the regular menu or is there a special menu to choose from?

I have special dietary needs. I know lame but moving on. [emoji30] [emoji12]

I was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction to find an 8 day menu for the MDR. I am going on the Magic in September on an Eastern Carribean itinerary. I know my waiter will bring me the menu the night before so I can choose my meal for the next night.

I like to research the recipes for each dish so I know ahead of time what I can and canot have. Not something easily done while on the ship. [emoji6]

Thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Forums mobile app

I posted almost all of the menus from our 8 day Magic sail earlier this month. They can be found in my review here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2534087&highlight=magic

I was wondering about this also for a 5 day cruise. My daughter is allergic to dairy, casein and whey. Do they just adjust your meal from the regular menu or is there a special menu to choose from?

I am allergic to the same. On my last cruise they brought the same menu but for the next night and I made selections. the waiter knew what was available and what was not for my allergy. If there was a question I would select a backup dish OR he would ask the chef.

Even with the menus, you won't know the ingredients. Contact Special Needs.

I appreciate the advice. I have contacted special needs. They don't know the ingredients either.

The way I like to do this is as follows..

I see what are likely options for me each night. Then I research how it is traditionally made that way I have a base knowledge of what is in each dish. Then when I speak with my waiter I can have a good idea of how things are prepared and if a substitution is available. It is a lot to do but for health reasons really the only way to be sure without cooking everything yourself.

Again I do appreciate your input. :)

• 1 month later...