lets share tips: what skin care product or make up do you love and why

motherchic

We get so many great ideas from this BB. Lets start a tip line:

What skin care product/ and or make up do you absolutely love and cannot live without:

I will start

--i love bare escentuals-bisque, well-rested and eye brow kit,

--also have been very happy with Proactive ( acne skin care ) for my kids

--love max factor and Cover girl 12 hour lip stick { works great- i drink water ALL the time. put my lip stick on at 7 a.m. and its still on for hours and hours, even after breakfast and lunch

--bisque is a " cover-up" covers up spots, blotches-makes your skin look very satiny when applied under foundation. My younger daughter uses it on pimples and it not only looks good but it helps clear her face up

--well rested, also made by BE- has a yellow base tint. Works really well to lighten up around the eyes

--eyebrow kit, comes with eye brow brush, eyebrow shaded powder. i need to fill in a bit of my brows and it works great-very natural

--Proactive- very good. it has worked very well for my kids. But i will say they just had some facial pimples not acne. I dont know if it works for a difficuly case of acne but i would recommend for a mild problem

That's OK! It's always fun to revisit this topic, I love makeup and skin care products. I have very sensitive skin with a bit of acne rosacea, so I have to be very careful with skin care, I use a product that I have to get online. It's a local company(CA), I started using it because of an estheticians advice. It's called Fanie, if anyone is interested, you can find it by www.fanie.com however, it's best to have a recommendation. My skin is so clear I don't bother with foundation now, with the exception of special occasions. I'm a believer now of controlling my skin problems now, rather than covering them up with makeup.

Fanie does not have a suncreen, so I have found that Clinique Superdefense is one that does not irritate my rosacea.

My one product that I cannot do without is my Cils Booster eyelash conditioner (Lancome), used before applying mascara. I've tried cheaper brands (Avon, drugstore stuff) but find it just doesn't work as well. My biggest ($$) downfall is Chanel eye shadows and lipsticks, I love them, the colors are great and the consistency of the eyeshadows is more creamy than powdery, it goes on so much nicer than say MAC or even Lancome shadows. This is for more mature skin (not that a younger woman can't buy it too!), now that I'm in my 50's I find a dry, powdery shadow doesn't apply well. The Chanel shadows stay on all day.

My kids have also been using the Pro Active. It's working fine for my son, but it has dried my daughters skin our terribly. When we got our eyebrows waxed recently I asked the esthetician about the product, she said it is for very oily skin and my daughter has dry skin. Who would know, you think pimples are caused by oily skin, but she said teenage pimples are hormonal. So, now we currently have her on a regimen of Dermalogica products to see if that helps. I may have her start using the Fanie products in the future, they have a great acne line my son has used before.

I could go on for hours, but I'll stop now!

Bigalow Pharmacy lip gloss, comes in this tube that you can directly apply so no messy fingers. They have some with color and one has SPF15 and tastes like Vanilla.

I don't wear makeup, but I use La Praire eye cream SPF15 and La Prairie Smart Cream SPF15. I never sit in the sun so for running errands in the car it's fine. I use T.LeClerc powder, transulcent, but in comes in a whole slew of colors. And I use the La Prairie dermabraison kit from time to time.

I use T.LeClerc cleansing "stuff" to wash my face.

That's about it.

OK, I just posted on the other thread but I might as well post here too. One of my favorite items is called Smashbox Photo Finish. It is a makeup primer that I apply after moisturizing. It makes foundation application so much smoother.

Jean

My one product that I cannot do without is my Cils Booster eyelash conditioner (Lancome), used before applying mascara. I've tried cheaper brands (Avon, drugstore stuff) but find it just doesn't work as well. My biggest ($$) downfall is Chanel eye shadows and lipsticks, I love them, the colors are great and the consistency of the eyeshadows is more creamy than powdery, it goes on so much nicer than say MAC or even Lancome shadows. This is for more mature skin (not that a younger woman can't buy it too!), now that I'm in my 50's I find a dry, powdery shadow doesn't apply well. The Chanel shadows stay on all day.QUOTE]

I started with Estee Lauder but much prefer Lancome on the eyelash primer...have been using Lancome shadow but will try chanel after your advice - i had tried Chanel prodyears ago but didn't like the scent, if I remember correctly

Jergens All Purpose Face Cream has served me well for over

40 years - it is inexpensive, cleanses perfectly and leaves a nice

night time facial. My dermatologist even comments about my skin!

I loved Coty 24 lipstick, but can't get it any longer. It stayed on

all day long.

I see the Cover Girl 12 hour suggested here - I must try

it soon.

Chap stick is an essential in my climate - use it daily.

I know this is not make up, but Mitchums deodorant (plain) is the best

ever.

Clear nail polish to strengthen and protect nails.

Archived