Sailing on the Liberty out of FL with a large family. Need advice!

mygan3

Hi everyone :)

My husband and I just booked a 4 day cruise on the Liberty from 1/7-1/11. We our taking our 5 children varying in ages from 3-19. We usually do Disney but wanted to surprise them with something different. I have cruised on DIS as a teenager but my husband has never cruised. We are booking flights for 1/3 and spending the first 4 nights in FL. I am trying to find the best options for a large family. Should we stay in Orlando and then take the shuttle to PC the morning of the cruise or should we stay in Cocoa Beach taking a shuttle or uber from MCO on the first day? Really confused as to if we should rent a car or can make it by without one. We would like to find a resort that has family suites and free breakfast...with close access to restaurants and things for the kids to do. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Trying not to spend an arm and a leg prior to the cruise but since its only a 4 day and we live in New England, I am sure we will be craving the sun come January!

Meagan:)

If it were us and we were spending the first 4 days in Florida, we would spend it at Disney or Universal and for sure get a rental car. We would use the rental car to get to the terminal in PC then turn it in there. Or turn it in at end of 4th day in Orlando and take the shuttle to port when time to go there.

So we decided to rent an Airbnb in Davenport for the 3.5 days. We've stayed there before and it was nice. The best deal for minivan rental is to pickup and drop off in Orlando. We will do this and either take the shuttle or Uber. Other option is husband dropping us at Port and making the drive himself. Not quite sure yet.

We just returned from the Magic on Saturday and spent 3 days in Orlando prior. We ended up renting a smaller car than normal (from Payless, we normally use Avis I think it was $250 for 10 days, super cheap!) and it was easier logistically to keep the car and park it at the cruise terminal ($144 for a 7 day). So, Saturday morning we just drove over, parked, and boarded. I highly recommend that lot.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Forums mobile app

My husband and I just booked a 4 day cruise on the Liberty from 1/7-1/11. We our taking our 5 children varying in ages from 3-19. We usually do Disney but wanted to surprise them with something different. I have cruised on DIS as a teenager but my husband has never cruised. We are booking flights for 1/3 and spending the first 4 nights in FL. I am trying to find the best options for a large family. Should we stay in Orlando and then take the shuttle to PC the morning of the cruise or should we stay in Cocoa Beach taking a shuttle or uber from MCO on the first day? Really confused as to if we should rent a car or can make it by without one. We would like to find a resort that has family suites and free breakfast...with close access to restaurants and things for the kids to do. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Trying not to spend an arm and a leg prior to the cruise but since its only a 4 day and we live in New England, I am sure we will be craving the sun come January!

From Disney to Carnival , BIG let down.

• 2 weeks later...

My advise isn't about transportation to & from the ports but on the cruise - get those kiddos to the kids clubs (except the 19yo - they can go hang out at the pool) and enjoy some Mom & Dad time on the Serenity Deck! With 5 kids y'all deserve it! ;)

Renting a car is a must! I would pick a Disney hotel that has the boat to Disney Springs. That would give you something to do at night, without driving in that traffic! Then, drop the car off at the airport after the cruise.