Car Rental in Cozumel

kydesperado

Has anyone rented a car in Cozumel recently? Just curious who to rent from, and how easy the process is. Just looking to tour at our own pace and welcome any suggestions from anyone who has done this.

Thanks in advance!

Isis and if I remember correctly all the insurance was included in the rental cost. Check with your car insurance too it might cover you as well. My friends had coverage several years ago with through their car insurance.

If you try and use American or Canadian car insurance in Mexico it won't work. You will need to pay for the damages before you leave the country and submit a claim when you get home. Using any form of insurance other than the Mexican insurance is not smart

I've rented from Isis and Thrifty (at the airport many times). Satisfied with both. Isis is my favorite and as always worked with me. The only difference is that Thrifty offers newer cars and no deductible. Still will rent from Isis because she always treats me right.

I've rented from Isis and Thrifty (at the airport many times). Satisfied with both. Isis is my favorite and as always worked with me. The only difference is that Thrifty offers newer cars and no deductible. Still will rent from Isis because she always treats me right.

She always explains the rules of the road and tells us if there is an accidental call her and she will help deal with the police. Not that we are planning on having trouble but it's nice to have a local that will be on your side