Shore Ex Q - America's Cup Challenge

rstackjd

One of the Shore Excursions offered in Cozumel is the America's Cup Challenge. Our cruise is over a year away so excursions are not open yet, but we are traveling with a large group and it might be fun for a bunch of us to participate in this one.

To anyone who has done this excursion -

a) Any idea how many participants per boat?

b) did this ex fill up fast?

c) any idea how far ahead excursions open up?

Thanks!

Bob

We did it and absolutely loved it. Only complaint was the wife and I were about the only ones who wanted an "active" job, so myself and one other were the only grinders. Got a little tiring when we were tacking a lot towards the end. The boats hold at least 10 folks per boat. We booked it somewhere about 120 days out I think. If you like sailing, it's a great excursion. Wife and I both thought it was one of the highlights of the trip.

We have, twice, it was amazing! But it's super unreliable for the excursion actually happening due to weather and they must get enough participants to race two boats otherwise it will be cancelled as well. Have had it cancelled on us two other times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have, twice, it was amazing! But it's super unreliable for the excursion actually happening due to weather and they must get enough participants to race two boats otherwise it will be cancelled as well. Have had it cancelled on us two other times

It's worth it, but have a back up plan in case it gets cancelled

Thanks guys! Interesting that it's getting cancelled due to lack of participation. I was concerned about the opposit problem. We are with a group of 50 people and I bet we get enough people in from our group to fill one of the boats ourselves.

Guess I'll have to find out when they open it up and get the "team" ready ahead of time so we can all book right away!

Bob

Thanks guys! Interesting that it's getting cancelled due to lack of participation. I was concerned about the opposit problem. We are with a group of 50 people and I bet we get enough people in from our group to fill one of the boats ourselves.

Guess I'll have to find out when they open it up and get the "team" ready ahead of time so we can all book right away!

Bob

I think they need 12 minimum, 6 for each boat. But they would prefer to have 24 minimum, 12 for each boat....we were surprised it got cancelled as well, since it was on Oasis when they didnt have enough people sign up for it as an excursion...you'd think there would be 12 people on Oasis signed up to do it!

We have done something similar in Hawaii and had a great time. My memory is a bit faulty, but I think the starboard side gets fewer drenchings as the boat flies along. Ask others for their recommendations as to where to sit or stand.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have done something similar in Hawaii and had a great time. My memory is a bit faulty, but I think the starboard side gets fewer drenchings as the boat flies along. Ask others for their recommendations as to where to sit or stand.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not so much Starboard or Port but really Windward and Leeward would determine the wet spot, which should change throughout the sail.

My wife and I are going to Hawaii for our anniversary in a couple years and I'm hoping to rent a sailboat for some day sailing there - should be a beautiful place to sail! But if they have a similar adventure that could be cool too.

We've gone on this excursion 4 times - all while cruising HAL. Our experience is that it sells out fast and some of our family members had to waitlist. We typically book as soon as possible.

Also, seat/standing place is based on job asssigned & which boat your racing. Never experienced a lot of spray but expect a of wind!

Enjoy & have fun!