Island Princess - Arcade?

suziehmkr

No, there is DEFINITELY not one on the Coral or the Island Princess. My sons would've found it! They do have some Sony PlayStations and a few GameCubes for the kids to play, but a lot of them are broken on the Coral and the games and game systems are VERY outdated. The few machines that were working were busy 24/7 during Easter break, so my kids rarely got a chance anywhere near them. The kids' program counselors wouldn't set time limits on them and some kids were there literally for 5 hrs. straight on the same game system.

Hi Lady Jag,

Thanks for the information. I will give DD a heads up to be patient and not get frustrated if children are *hogging* the games. The good thing is that she will have so much other stuff to do. I would be upset to find out that my child has spent THAT much time on a playstation when they should be enjoying the ship. Oh my! They can do that at home.

I think a lot of very selfish parents could care less what their child is doing as long as he's not bugging them! :rolleyes:

Hope you have a more positive experience with the video games. There's ping pong by the aft pool and my 13 yr. old had a blast with that. That pool also happens to be the LEAST crowded and is wonderful on port days! Have a terrific cruise! :)

The few machines that were working were busy 24/7 during Easter break, so my kids rarely got a chance anywhere near them. The kids' program counselors wouldn't set time limits on them and some kids were there literally for 5 hrs. straight on the same game system. [/color]

Thank God I don't have kids, cause I would have a REAL problem with that if my kids came to me and said they couldn't play a video game because other kids were hogging them. There should be a time limit on the game if there are other kids waiting to play. If no one is waiting, then fine ... play all you want. The counselors have business to require the kids to do something really novel ... SHARE.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived