transatlantic rccl Jewel or ncl Star

MPalermo

:confused: Booking a transatlantic out of Rome Nov. 2018. Have been on RCCL Jewel in 2016 and thought it was the best cruise ever, but we have only been on RCCL ships (18) cruises. Going on NCL Epic soon so I will have a better idea of NCL, but Star of course is much smaller. We do like the option of a set dining time on RCCL and have read many reviews about the availability of entertainment on NCL. I realize most have a preference, but has anyone been on both Jewel and Star and have an opinion? What about entertainment and activities all those days at sea, many of which will not be swimming weather?

:confused: Booking a transatlantic out of Rome Nov. 2018. Have been on RCCL Jewel in 2016 and thought it was the best cruise ever, but we have only been on RCCL ships (18) cruises. Going on NCL Epic soon so I will have a better idea of NCL, but Star of course is much smaller. We do like the option of a set dining time on RCCL and have read many reviews about the availability of entertainment on NCL. I realize most have a preference, but has anyone been on both Jewel and Star and have an opinion? What about entertainment and activities all those days at sea, many of which will not be swimming weather?

Oops-- edited to add, I just realized you're not asking about NCL's Jewel.

I've done a ta on both NCL Jewel and Star. I prefer Jewel because it still has the observation lounge high above the bow where I enjoy sitting and watching the ocean. The Star put cabins there.

I also enjoy The Great Outdoors on the Jewel. The Star does not have that.

The library in the Jewel has windows. The Star's library does not.

Other than those differences they are pretty much the same.

Lots of seaday activities to choose from on both.

We enjoyed the entertainment in main theater as well as in lounges.

Edited by NMLady

• 4 weeks later...

Thank You for the info. We are really leaning towards RCCL Jewel. We have been to the Star's ports before, but it's mainly because we were so impressed with the Jewel experience before. (Hope things haven't changed!)