Just booked my first cruise and have questions

rhy

We finally decided to take a cruise after years of the kids bugging us. I booked on Glory for the week of 5 Aug 2006 to the Eastern Caribbean. When I booked (online agent), I was asked if I wanted a small or large table. what is the difference between these?

I needed 2 rooms, so the site said to do 2 bookings. I asked the agent to make sure these are marked as a family so we wouldn't get split up, but haven't heard back yet. Could this pose a problem?

Any other info or hints that you veteran cruisers can provide will be appreciated.

Congrats - you're on your way to a great family vacation. A large table holds 8 to 10, so your family would be seated with another family (generally they seat families with families), a small table holds 6 or fewer and would just accommodate your group. My family loves to be seated with others at dinner it makes the trip more interesting.

If you have assigned (already picked your cabin #) cabins, linking the cabins is no problem at all you should have cabin #'s next to or across from each other on the deck plans. If you have booked a guarantee, I would check with the online agent just before your final payment date to see that the cabins are "linked".

You've come to the best place to have all your questions answered, so ask away!!!!

Did you pick your own cabin assignments? If so, I'm sure you chose two cabins next to each other. However, sounds as if you might have gone "guarantee booking" and won't know your cabin assignments until just prior to sailing. You might want to reconsider and book the two cabins side by side or across from each other.....it's the only way you'll have complete and total assurance the cabins won't be changed.

I did book the actual cabin numbers (2 balconies side by side). My concern was that since I have 2 confirmation numbers, Carnival might not know that the same family booked both rooms. I have sent an email to the travel agent asking them to do something to link the confirmation numbers together. Hope this works.

I did book the actual cabin numbers (2 balconies side by side). My concern was that since I have 2 confirmation numbers, Carnival might not know that the same family booked both rooms. I have sent an email to the travel agent asking them to do something to link the confirmation numbers together. Hope this works.

Don't forget to ask your cabin steward to open the divider between the balconies.

Like I said earlier, your TA can/should link the bookings automatically. When you check-in for the cruise, you can also have all the bookings/S&S cards linked to a single payment account.

The main reason for linking the bookings is to make sure all the members of your traveling party are assigned to eat at the same table in the same dining room at the same time, so it is very important to keep asking until you are assured the bookings are linked. It's a simple process for the agent, but it does have to be done!

We always get a large table, and when we traveled with our kids, we were seated with a family who had kids about their age as well. That made them some instant friends!

Have a great cruise!

Archived