Hilton Coco Beach

mark290

I would like to know too. We will be staying there for a two nights pre-cruise.

There are a couple of recent reviews posted on tripadvisor which might help you out as far at the reviews.

A tip for finding whats around the hotel is to go to mapquest and put in the hotel address - there will then be a button for "whats nearby." You can select your catagory such as nightclubs, shopping, etc. and it will pinpoint and give the address and distances on the map. It's a great feature.

Diane

we stayed there a couple of years ago and it was a dump at that time. One of the worst Hilton properties we have stayed at. Understand they have done renovations since then, but if staff hasn't changed, they were part of the problem as well. Very unresponsive to our concerns about cleanliness and service. Additionally, at that time, the locking mechanism at the pool gate didn't work properly, leaving pool area open to toddlers wandering in and such. Seemed like a major safety concern to us, but again, front desk staff gave us the "oh well.. treatment"

Again, all of this was 2 years ago, so hard to say where things stand today.

I tried to get some rate info and room availability for the Hilton as I thought since it was redone after the hurricane it might be very nice. I entered our date in July and a message came up that no rooms were available. Could they be booked already? I find that to be almost impossible this far out.

I am going to be at the Hilton this time next week for two nights precruise. I was able to get our room at easy click travel dot com for $73 a night (booked in August for Dec.) It comes up w/o a name, but the description makes it easy to figure out (or use better bidding dot com and they will tell you what hotel you are looking at!)

That's where we booked our room for March too. It's odd but when you go to the travel sites like orbitz, expedia, travelocity or even the Hilton web site, it says there are no rooms available but when you go to easy click travel, it continues to come up for $88.00/night. It doesn't give you the name of the hotel, but with the description of remodeling in progress, it's easy to know it's the Hilton. We booked it.

By the way, please let us know how your stay was upon your return and have a great cruise.

I checked Easy Click and could not find a description of "remodeling in progress". There is one at $160/night that describes data ports in each room, and in room pay video games. I think Hilton includes these things in their descriptions. Anyone else out there that has had recent luck with Easy Click and getting the Hilton? I am also considering the new Residence Inn by the Radisson or one other new one, but the name escapes me right now (lot of good it's going to do trying to book something and not knowing the name...I know :))

The other term to look for in the description is "largest pool on the space coast" or something similar to that. It is right off the description from the website!

Another way to do it is to also use better bidding dot com. After searching on easy click travel open a new window and open www better bidding dot com. Click on Reverse Easy Click Travel. Copy and paste the URL from the hotel you have picked. They will tell you what hotel they think you are looking at. It is easy and it works very nicely! Give it a try!

Good luck! Will post a review when we return!

I have stayed at the Hilton and Holiday Inn at cocoa beach. I was not impressed with either, typical beach hotels kinda worn out. I have also stayed at the Radisson at the Port and really liked that hotel. Only problem is it is not on the beach if that is important to you. They have a great Fiday night Seafood Buffet with Prime Rib Carving station and also a really nice pool and jacuzzi tiki bar etc. here is their link

Radisson Hotels & Resorts - Radisson Resort at the Port

Be sure whitch Hilton you are trying to book at. We went on a cruise out of Port Canaveral back in 2002. We were booked at the "Hilton Cocoa Beach, Oceanfront". When we got a cab at the airport we told him we wanted the Hilton @ Cocoa Bch. He dropped us off (late at night) at the hotel. We paid him and went to check in and was told that they didn't have a reservation for us!!!!!:eek: Come to find out there are TWO Hiltons....We wanted the one on the beach. They checked with the other hotel and sure enough that's where we were supposed to be. Needless to say we had to get ANOTHER cab to take us there. They didn't have a shuttle at the time. Pretty expensive cab ride before we were through. :mad: The Hotel on the beach was fine, clean, and wonderful pool. But the Holiday Inn right next door was MUCH nicer. All brand new and almost like a little community with lots of bldgs. and walkways. The Holiday in front of this was not new and run down looking. So be sure of the address of the Hilton you want. Also with out a car there wasn't much right around the hotels. We walked about a mile to a great Chinese rest. that was reccommended and it was great. The walk did us good after a big meal and the weather was beautiful so didn't mind.

Hi all, I am catching up on some work and thought I would post a quick note for ya'll. I am at the Hilton (Oceanfront) in Cocoa Beach as I write this. The hotel is still undergoing construction in the public areas, but they are almost done. No noise or bother at all. "Run-down" is no longer an applicaple discription for this hotel. There is nothing "run down" about it! Rooms are all brand new! Beds..and bedding excellent, granite counters, nice tile and furnishings...and we have a view of the ocean...and a decent room...not next to the laundry, or the elevators or anything else bothersome. Also stocked with Crabtree and Evelyn bath products!

Room service prices are fairly reasonable-especially the kids menu (under $5). Hotel restaurant is ok-but on the expensive side. Coffee, a bagel and an orange juice (all ordered ala carte) cost $9.50! Biggest complaint is the Folgers inroom coffee :rolleyes: I would bring my own next time.

People working here have been very nice and helpful. We are right on the beach DH went fishing this am, DS walked to the pier (although it was a LONG walk).

Had to take the youngest to a clinic this morning for a minor emergency. Staff was very helpful. Cab cost $3. Publix market two blocks away.

I don't know what else you are interested in knowing, but I am very happy with the hotel, and for $73 a night....it is a great deal!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post while you are there - that's so thoughtful.

I hope your child is okay and your trip continues without any further problems.

I am so looking forward to our March pre-cruise stay at the Hilton now.

Thanks again.

Diane

We were in Cocoa for our cruise this past June. Stayed at the Doubletree Oceanfront Hotel. It was WONDERFUL! Very clean, just completely renovated, free internet and on the Club floor free cocktails, hors de ourves and free hot breakfast. Well worth the $89.00 rate I was able to get. Direct beach access and an awesome pool area.

Try it out. The staff is great and the general manager is always available to speak to you. Wish I could remember her name.

Have a great trip.:)

Archived