Kids Club Question

dtripli

Hi Everyone

We will be sailing on the Glory at the end of October. It will be me and my husband and our 9 year old son. Does anyone know if the kids club provides pagers to parents so they can contact them if the kids want to leave? How does this work? Also we were considering a 3 hour excursion in San Juan....walking tour and mixing drinks (probably not too much fun for our son, but the only one that isn't centered around him the whole trip) lol...so I was wondering if you can leave the kids on the ship to play? Can the camp counselors contact you if need be?

I think they only give phones for the real small kids. If your child wants to leave, he will be able to sign himself out if you give him permission. Not getting into that debate either way, just stating the facts.

You can always have him install the HubApp on a phone or iPod touch and you guys do the same and pay the $5 per device for the chat feature. Then if he wants to leave or whatever he can get in touch with you. You will need to be on the ship though as it doesn't work off when you aren't connected to the Carnival wi-fi.

You can find the info on the kids club here:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1072

At 9, the parents don't get pagers unless the child is special needs. At 9, the kids are allowed to check themselves in and out of camp with your permission. It's not pagers anyway but clunky analog phones that they give out to parents with kids ages 5 and under and/or special needs.

You can use the house phones around the ship to call camp and check on him. That's what we do - along with going over the schedule to make sure we knew what they wanted to do, so they were picked up at the right time, etc. My advice is to go to the orientation and make sure your son goes to the first camp activity, which is usually some kind of meet and greet/ice breaker. Get 2 copies of the schedule - one for the cabin and one to carry with you. Go over it at night or at breakfast in the morning. Camp is packed with things to do all day. And if your son is like my kids have been, you may find yourself exhausted running back and forth to camp!

As for leaving them while you are in port, yes you absolutely can do that. When you drop them off on a port day, they will ask you if you plan to get off. Just let them know of your plans. They will make sure he's fed and occupied. Even on port days, camp is busy. We've left our kids onboard before. All by their request. Good luck. I'm sure he will love it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone

We will be sailing on the Glory at the end of October. It will be me and my husband and our 9 year old son. Does anyone know if the kids club provides pagers to parents so they can contact them if the kids want to leave? How does this work? Also we were considering a 3 hour excursion in San Juan....walking tour and mixing drinks (probably not too much fun for our son, but the only one that isn't centered around him the whole trip) lol...so I was wondering if you can leave the kids on the ship to play? Can the camp counselors contact you if need be?

You will not have a pager. He will be in the 9-11 tween group and they need sign in-out privileges to do some of the activities. If he is not mature, you can tell him he may participate in activities but must otherwise stay in camp til you come.

As for San Juan, if you are walking to the forts those, along with the city gate and walk along the wall are pretty cool and I know my son at 9 would have enjoyed it. I left my son on board once each cruise when 2 and 3 to take his older brother on a ruins and nature kayak trip respectively, so it can be done. But personally I wouldn't pass on the educational opportunities in San Juan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Being able to leave my DD in camp and exploring ports is one of my favorite things about cruising on Carnival! DH & I love water based activities and those aren't always age or skill appropriate for her (just turned 7). We have been cruising with her since right after she turned 2.