Cruising with green card.

Amarei

A quick look at the Bahamas entry requirements I found this:

"Non-U.S. Citizen (Currently residing in the U.S.)

To enter The Bahamas, non-U.S. citizens need the following documentation:

For visits NOT exceeding 30 days:

An Alien Registration Card (Green Card) and a Valid National Passport from their country of birth are required."

I think the key here is VALID national passport from their country of birth..

I hope I am wrong and you have a great cruise.

• 10 months later...

We sailed in December with NCL. I didn't have my passport, only Green card and DL. They didn't ask for anything else. During port visits you only had to show your cruise sail card.

We sailed in December with NCL. I didn't have my passport, only Green card and DL. They didn't ask for anything else. During port visits you only had to show your cruise sail card.

Thanks for checking back and informing us of this. I would have guessed you needed a passport. Several years ago they changed needing a passport even for US Citizens to go to Canada.

Funny you mention the cruise card asked for in ports. I used to carry my passport with me too but never got asked for it. The ONE time I did not have it with me in the Bahamas, I was asked for my passport. I showed him the cruise card and said "ok, next time."

Thanks for checking back and informing us of this. I would have guessed you needed a passport. Several years ago they changed needing a passport even for US Citizens to go to Canada.

Funny you mention the cruise card asked for in ports. I used to carry my passport with me too but never got asked for it. The ONE time I did not have it with me in the Bahamas, I was asked for my passport. I showed him the cruise card and said "ok, next time."

We sailed again in May of this year and I already had my US passport by then. No one even checked it. On the way back we were just asked if all of us are US citizens and kept going. They didn't ask for any proof of citizenship.