Touring Stanley, Falkland Islands on 1/13/06

mike35

Carol and I have reserved a tour of Stanley and the surrounding area with Graham France, a highly recommended licensed tour guide. His Land Rover Discovery comfortably seats four passengers, and we would like another couple to join us, if possible. The total tour price for 3.5 hours is $160 ($40/pp). Please let me know if you are interested, and I'll send you further details on what we will tour.

Many thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

Cindy & I will look forward to meeting you and Carol and to learning more about the Stanley, Falkland Islands 1/13th tour. Please message me at MikeP100@verizon.net and I'll respond directly to you.

Also, we would like to join you for the Punta Tomba tour if you have space available.

Regards, MikeP

Hi Mike,

We made arrangements with Graham France for our stop at Falkland Is. on Jan. 23...Thanks for the lead

Can you tell me what tour you are using for Punta Areanas?

Thanks....Bill

:)

Hi Bill

We booked through Turismo Viento Sur. You can e-mail Francesca at agencia@vientosur.com

They have been very cooperative.

BTW - it's "Punta Arenas", not "Punta Areanas".

Mike

I noticed that you did a river cruise >Peter Deilmann Mozart - Danube Germany to Romania 10-day<

Can you tell me whether the Mozart has balcony's on some of the rooms? Their web site seems vague about this - yet I've been told that they do have a small balcony as part of some of the staterooms.

Will appreciate anything you can tell me.

No balconies that I can recall on the Mozart, but a wonderful ship - fabulous food, excellent tours, nicely appointed rooms. Of the 200 passengers, only 24 were English-speaking, and of those, only 12 were North American. All announcements were made in both German and English, however, and all shore excursions were offered in either language as well. Hope this helps.

Mike

Thanks much for the information Mike.

You're going to love the South American trip. We did the reverse of your trip a couple of years ago. We were fortunate that the weather and seas were so calm that we were able to actually circle the island that represents Cape Horn. Apparently a first for the Amsterdam - the ship we were sailing on. Enjoy!!

Archived