oceana - mini-suites

naomi2525

• 4 months later...

If you are in a mini suite on Oceana you get champagne and chocolates on arrival, fresh fruit replenished as needed, flowers in your cabin. You also get bathrobes and then each day about 5pm you get a plate of canapes delivered to your cabin, wonderful. Are you in a mid ship or aft mini as they are quite different from each other? Let me know which and I might be able to tell you where to find a visual tour. Regards, Annie:)

HI. I am also going in a mini-suite on Oceana. what is the difference in mid-ship or after ones (or do you mean the very back "AFT" as in next door to the SUITES)?? I do hope I have made the right choice by paying the difference. All the extras sound fabulous! Any extra info would be very gratefully received.

Hollyanna, the aft (rear of the ship) mini suites are very different from the mid ship ones, which are you in? We stayed in an aft mini C747 and visited friends who had a mid ship (cat BB) mini. The mid ship minis are like two cabins joined into one. They have a door onto the balcony from the seating area and from the bedroom area. Their balconies are long and narrow. The aft minis are much larger although they only have a door onto the balcony from the sitting area. If you let me know which type you have I can go into more detail. Regards, Annie:)

HI

Thanks so much for your reply. I am on B deck (BC grade) at front of ship. I am sure they are all similar on the sides of the ship. I gathered they were like 2 cabins. I have stayed ion an outside on oceana before so have an idea of size.I was concerned I had done the right thing paying the extra. I did not have the option of the aft minis as they only cater for 2/3 persosn and not 4 (we are 2 adults and 2 boys aged 9 and 12). The suite was tempting but the butler actually put me off! I would be grateful of anything else you can tell me. You mention the "perks" of champagne etc..... other things I have read indicate P & O state otherwise when customers enquire what extras you get. Did you get these for being next to SUITE or did your friends mid-ship also get these?

Thanks once again for your help. I look forward to hearing from you

Hollyanna

Hi Hollyanna,

I'm sure you will enjoy your minisuite. You do get all the perks in any of the minisuites, there is a bottle of champagne and box of chocs when you arrive and a bowl of fruit which is replenished as necessary. There are fresh flowers in your cabin. You get a tray of canapes delivered to your cabin about 5ish each evening and believe me it doesn't get better than being on your balcony, glass in hand and munching those delicious bites. There will be bathrobes in your wardrobe and you will get a copy of each day's menu delivered. You will have water and milk in your fridge. We took a small bottle of gin and whisky with us and then ordered other drinks to go in the fridge when on board. You can ask your steward for ice and you will find he'll deliver you an icebucket daily. You can also ask for lemon slices if you need them.

As to the layout of your cabin I can give you a link which sounds quite laborious but if you follow it you will see what your cabin will look like. Go to www.cruisesonly.com then click onto 'cruise lines' then onto 'princess cruises' then onto 'Dawn Princess' then onto 'Photos and Tours' then onto '360 degree tours' then on the last photo of the 25 you will get a tour of what your cabin will look like! The soft furnishing colours may be different but it will give you an idea.

We don't go on Oceana until next Feb (we have been on Adonia previously so we know what the ship is like and we have booked the same cabin) but I can look forward to it. If you'd like any other information do let me know. Regards, Annie:)

Archived