Cunard Confirmed - No Evening Informal Clothing on 12/8 Cruise!

dtwtraveler

I called Cunard, and they confirmed that there will be no informal on our 12/8 Caribbean cruise. There will be formal, semi-formal and casual in the evening! It'll be easier packing but disappointing, because I purchased nicer clothing for the informal evenings! Thanks to Teresa for telling us about this change in the clothing designation for the evenings!

Might one consider "semi-formal" to be known also as "informal". Thus I might draw that Cunard said "semi-formal" and may have also meant it to mean "informal." This seems to me a mere case of word choice and not what constitutes each.

Might one consider "semi-formal" to be known also as "informal". Thus I might draw that Cunard said "semi-formal" and may have also meant it to mean "informal." This seems to me a mere case of word choice and not what constitutes each.

You're right about the terms. I think she wanted to clarify "informal" as being dressy, so she said that it is "semi-formal". She said the only things not allowed in the dining rooms for "casual" are shorts and t-shirts! She also said that Cunard only enforces dress codes in the dining rooms. We can be "casual" anytime and anywhere else on the ship! I think that "tree29" mentioned how "casual" it is in the evening, so we wouldn't pack dressier if we'd rather be real casual and then regret what we brought with us.

Archived