To all Princess Board Members, New andOld

sue d. miller

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sue d. miller:

Steve, you are my backbone, and I love you for that!!! And I am not ashamed or e icon_eek.gifmbarrased to publicly say it!!

Hmmm, from your saucy brain all the way down to your fabulous fanny?? Ok I will take that position.

Sue

7 days on Star Princess 10/24

GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY..... GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Life is at it's best when your address floats

One MORE open Booking(s).

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Sapphire Princess 09/04

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

Sue,

Keep on doing just what you have been. I sat here and wrote several other things, but kept deleting them... I guess what I am really trying to say is: icon_smile.gif

[sorry, just couldn't resist]

WazAnOkie

Grand Princess 10/03/98

Carnival Triumph 11/02/02

Coral Princess 09/30/03

Did I miss some big meltdown?

Wait, don't answer that.

I've been shying away from off topic posts but this one surely caught my attention.

Did I miss some drastic personality change event and all of the sudden Sue is NOT a really cool lady with great insight and some valuable contributions to the board?

Wait, don't answer that either

I bet not

Sometimes it's good to take a step back, turn off the computer and go play in the garden. There's a ton of emotion on this page, a good indicator that something has gotten out of wack.

It's nice that we can share something more of ourselves than cruising from time to time. I enjoy learning about others if for no other reason than to lend credibility to the valuable cruise information the board offers. Information from a "friend" means more that from a total stranger to be sure.

But there's a line there that's really dangerous if crossed.

Anyone who's been "hooked" on an AOL live chat room knows exactly what I am talking about here and this is just one step away from the same venue. I remember one summer several years ago when me and my kids all had our own special AOL rooms we hung out in.

We crossed that line.

We'd go to the store and couldn't wait to get back home to see what had been said while we were gone. We'd stay up late and sit at the computer for hours upon hours living in those rooms. We spent more time in those rooms than we spent in our living room.

It was a bad scene and the results were often charged with similar emotion as is present here to elicit this post.

Far be it for me to point fingers or play Internet shrink, I only mention this as perhaps a momentary reality check. Whatever happened to produce this post went over the line, that's for sure.

Sue should not feel it necessary to author such a post as this.

Happy Cruising

Chris

Chris@LifeIsCruising.com

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Sapphire Princess June '05

Caribbean Princess 09/17/05

Carnival Valor 10/30/05

Hi again Chris,

GRRR! to you Sue,

Yes there has been a disturbance in the force, I am leading a movement to ignore it, as that will cause it to wither and die of neglect.

You are right about some people, sad, lonely, friendless people addicted to chatrooms or the like being powderkegs, so despite the desire to break out the flame-master 4000, I am going to wait it out and ignore all the yipping and nipping.

Life is at it's best when your address floats

One MORE open Booking(s).

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Sapphire Princess 09/04

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

Sue, I don't post as often as I would like, a little intimidated I suppose, but since I booked my first Princess cruise last October I devour this board for info and it is the wonderful people like yourself that never let me down. I for one would be lost without you. I like your smilies, they even ease the tension of some posts. Whatever petty thing anyone might be giving you grief over, you must try to ignore it. You are too valued, and I feel like I know you. I appreciate you more than you know. Keep your chin up. icon_wink.gif

Sue, I'm not sure what prompted you to feel you had to post this, but that's not what is important.

What IS important:

As a newer poster I have nothing but respect and admiration for your kindness and willingness to help any and all who come here. You are very open and welcoming, and this board would not be the same without you.

I'm glad you like it here and are NOT going anywhere. icon_smile.gif

Thanks, pam. Please don't be intimidated!!! Some would like that!! icon_frown.gif Most would not. icon_biggrin.gif Please jump in anytime. And also thanks, but no grief, and my chin is wayyyyyyy up!! I got a little irritated!! icon_eek.gif I was afraid if this "stuff" continued, many newbies, or anyone shy, could be eaten alive. Well not anymore. icon_wink.gif

Sue

Ella, Thanks, I am not going anywhere, and neither is our wonderful board. Nothing will change. No one is perfect and not one of us says we are, but we have the greatest posters with so much knowledge to share, and so much fun and laughter in their hearts,We have all made mistakes, I certainly have, some I apoligize for right away, and others I won't. But we are honest, and caring people. I am proud to be part of it.

Sue

Sue, I guess I too missed whatever prompted this post but I must say I am shocked. I thought everyone just loved you and your posts like I do. What a joy to read the positive and you can always be counted on to make one feel welcome and comfortable. I am glad that you are going nowhere and I do look forward to your humorous and helpful posts in the future. Keep on keepin' on, I say!

Blessings!

SS Norway 5/11/03 first cruise for 20th Anniversary!

Well worth the wait!

Caribbean Princess 9/25/04

because we are hooked!

Sue,

Thanks, as a newbie only to the Princess side, I started to shy away, there were some hostle type posts that I don't want a part of. I love your posts Sue... and you show me that being a part of the boards is a good thing.

thanks again.

Kathy icon_biggrin.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;21;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until we Celebrate Turkey Day on the Star!!!!

Voyager of the Seas 10/3/03

Ecstasy 9/01, 9/02

Holiday 9/98, 9/99, 9/00

[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Sue

I know what it's like to have lots of "Board support", sue d. miller, and I know you appreciate the support you have here! I know that I appreciate the support that I have, both here and on other Boards!!! I'm pretty sure I know why you headed this post, and I can't say that I blame you, as you were pretty much under the gun and had no defense for your posts about Margeaux. As a "new" poster on the Princess Board, I haven't exactly felt "welcomed", and you were definately a part of that!....as you know. Trying to get support by stating that you will continue to do what you've always done will gain you many supporters! It will also cause you to lose respect, as I, and others, have done. Trust me - we've all been talking about it! I would like to respect you, and would like to be your friend, but it would be good for you to be more amenable to welcoming new posters, and actually replying to them in more appropriate and positive ways, instead of cutting them off, and relying on your Princess buddies for support. Let's be friends, shall we?

Sue,

As a relative newcomer I can say that you were nothing but welcoming to me, as most others have also been.

As for the smileys, this is my take: We try, often, to be humerous and lighthearted. Anyone who makes that effort would like to know when somebody else appreciates our brand of humour. Hey, it just feels good to be appreciated!

I have always felt welcomed by you, Sue, and it has helped me to NOT be afraid to post. You always, as far as I know, say to everyone, 'jump right in'. I appreciate that.

Sharon

Sue,
I too, have enjoyed your posts! And the smiley faces! I even posted one [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] once, and commented on how I was copying you! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] It just happened to be the right comment!

It is a shame that you felt you needed to post this, but I surely understand! I'm one of those postive posters, never understanding a (bad) cruise! Just keep up the good work.

Nita

[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Sue

[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Nita

You sure have my vote Sue.You have defended me when I was being attacked by the written hand [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Honestly Sue I think your great.This site would not be the same without you [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Sue

you should go away -

go away on more cruises

Please keep the posts comming no problems with us , we often post items / read items that are irratating to us buts thats what we are here for to express our own opinions , Again we try not to be rude or offend but sometime our humour can be taken the wrong way.

one especially was a post "what do men dress in after the formal dinner as finished and I replied mine wears a mini skirt - didnt have the right effect!!

Dont go too far away and dont let people bother you keep doing what you do best keep posting

regards from across the pond !!

CANBERRA JUNE 97
OCEAN PRINCESS OCT 01
DAWN PRINCESS MARCH 03
STAR PRINCESS AUGUST 04
QUEEN MARY II SEPTEMBER 05

PAULNJILL

Archived