White Night

lovestocruise19

Does anyone know when Matt does the White Night on the six night cruise on the Vista? I'm a geek and I'm already planning my packing/wearing list. I bought a white dress specifically for the White Night. Even if Matt doesn't do it anymore, the white dress got approval from DH. ;p

Wear your dress.

We were on the Vista in February, we had Matt for CD. I remember seeing something about the White Party and I think it was held around the Lobby bar, if I'm not mistaken. I did not attend this party but fairly certain in took place.

ETA: Sorry not sure when it was, sometime in the middle of the 8 day cruise.

On the whole Carnival does not host shipwide themes, except for the Throwback Seaday on Journey cruises (everyone is encouraged to dress as if it is the 80's all day). They will hold special happy hours and late night deck parties, that last an hour or 2 where there is a theme but dressing the theme is not a requirement to participate.

Usually on the first Elegant Evening Matt M. will host in the atrium and dance club the White Hot Dance Party. Starting about 9/10pm (see the Funtimes) people will start to congregate in the Atrium bar for about an hour, then the party moves into the Dance Club. (Not all ships nor their CDs run the WHDP the same way. Many do not hold anything beyond what is done in the dance club for a single hour.) There is no requirement to wear all white, but if you do wear any bit of white you will receive $1-2 off of vodka based drinks. On the Vista they do have black lights in the club (not all ships do) to make the white stand out.

Other dance club themes include 70's,80's, Motown, MJ's Thriller, Whitney Houston tribute, Ladies night, Beach boys/surf music, and Disco hours. No dress up requirements are made nor are any discounts or specials given out if you do dress to theme. On ladies night a free glass of champagne will be handed to each female as they enter, but only during the 1 hour that all female lead singer music is played. Each theme lasts for about an hour, and some nights they do 2 or more different theme hours.

On cruises of 6 days or more, there will also be 2 late night deck parties. Some themes we have encountered are Glo-Party (neon clothing encouraged), Mexican Fiesta, Beach Party, Pirates, and Mardi Gras. Generally for the first 15 minutes of the party the CD and the entertainment staff have giveaways to hand out and the DJ may have throws to toss out to the dancers. These all ages parties usually occur on a port night starting about 10pm, midship at the Lido pool stage. Sometimes the party will continue afterwards with the theme flowing over to the adult dance club and/or to the children's night owl camp and the teen club.

If you signed up for email notifications about your cruise, about 2 weeks -1 month before departure you could receive a notifications about some of the special dance club themes and deck parties. Since nothing really special is done if passengers dress to theme, many especially those flying in will save packing space and not worry about any special theme clothing.