Grand suite GTY

AAA75

I have a question about this. We tried to switch to a Grand suite gty, and Royal said No! We are part of a group and I don't get it. Would being in a group lock us out of switching between GTY and not? We want to pay them more and they said No. why not? Our TA is on Vacation so his backup called to make the change, she could not. Has this happened to anyone where RCCL didn't let you upgrade? There are still Grands and higher available for our Oct cruise.

I have a question about this. We tried to switch to a Grand suite gty, and Royal said No! We are part of a group and I don't get it. Would being in a group lock us out of switching between GTY and not? We want to pay them more and they said No. why not? Our TA is on Vacation so his backup called to make the change, she could not. Has this happened to anyone where RCCL didn't let you upgrade? There are still Grands and higher available for our Oct cruise.

Groups are not able to book any Guarantee cabins. This used to be address in the Frequently Asked Questions portion of their website but I couldn't find it any more. This is because as a group you already receive special discounted pricing and benefits - to discount even further with a Guarantee room reduces their profit margin to an unacceptable level for them. You are welcome to book the Grand Suite, but not the Grand Suite Guarantee.