Problems on the Summit

oldsilverfox

Having travelled in the days of liners which took much longer to make the journey , I know that those days they stocked up with fresh fruit,meat etc at ports of call.

Recently on the Infinity to Hawaii, I learned that Celebrity does NOT buy supplies at ports, everything comes aboard at port of departure via Miami. So obviously some food is weeks old before we even board.

On this cruise there was no "boxed chocolates" on the bed for me, just three chocolates from the Cova stock (the kind you get with fancy coffees). I asked the Club hostess why this was and her reply " Miami did not get the supply to San Diego before we sailed, so we had to get what we could from the Cova" since they knew weeks in advance how many CC members would be on board it shows that there are obvious problems with supplying the ships regardless of what type of supply it is.

Like previous posters I also thought that on this cruise the standards have slipped in many departments, including food quality, service in dining room, MaitreD' and Guest Relations staff.

Like previous posters I also thought that on this cruise the standards have slipped in many departments, including food quality, service in dining room, MaitreD' and Guest Relations staff.

In 28 days on Summit we never met the Maitre'd.

We were very happy with the service however, both in the dining room and at the front desk.

11/20 Summit had a special in the fruit basket. FUZZY strawberries! Our next door neighbors hadd them also when we heard the guy yell. I asked him if he got tickled by the strawberries & he was on the phone for heads to see these in both staterooms.

A dear gal in her black dress with white apron came & apologized that they used old fruit in the bowls. That night all fruit was in the hall on a large cart for inspection before they put the bowls together. No strawberries, no berries period. Even my papayas were gone too. 5 days to go with none? But still had mangos & kiwis!

• 1 month later...
At dinner that evening one of our dinner partners said that she had nearly drunk a glass of milk which was off

As I am that dinner partner, icon12.gif I am trying to find your e-mail address. Please give Pauline a hug and send me your e-mail addressicon10.gif

Foundly Thom and Carolee

Itscarolee919@aol.com or Wdwmonorailblue@aol.com

Archived