Instant Messaging Help!

DoniaG

In our profile section, there is a spot for filling in instant messaging info. But I haven't a clue how to set it up. Can anybody explain it to me (in very, very simple terms, please)? Would be wonderful to have.

Thanks, Donia

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

Thanks, Private. I have IM set up with AOL = though I seldom use it. But when I look at the choices for IM here, I don't see AOL as a listed protocol. I tried setting it up as "Other" with my AOL screenname, but if anything happened, I couldn't tell! Do you know if one of the other protocols will work? I know AOL can be a royal pain for interfacing with others ISP's (right term???), but I've been a member since the beginning of AOL and just can't bring myself to go through the email address change thing. Thanks again.

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

Hi Donia ~

You don't have to change your email address at all to use whichever IM service suits you. I'm signed up to pretty much all of them, and use them all through a stand-alone program called Trillian. Basically, when I open Trillian, it automatically logs me in to all of my different IM programs.

Yahoo is still my favorite, and you can get that at http://messenger.yahoo.com.

You can check out MSN messenger at http://messenger.msn.com.

You would simply need to set up a free account with whichever one you choose, as the other poster said, and download the program. It's really easy, I promise. icon_smile.gif And it won't affect your email address or your AOL account/AIM at all.

-gina-

Grand Princess, here we come!! 3/12/05 Click here to join our roll call party!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;3;12;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Disney Magic: 2/02, 2/03, 2/04

Thanks, Private - That's a big ole "Duh!" for me. Donia

Oskidunker - Use the "My Space" tab to get to your private profile. After you scroll down a few lines, you'll see the IM information. Good luck. Donia

Archived