9:45 flight out of Miami to early for Carnival Vista in Miami ??

sue1138

I also think there is too much risk with that arrival time.

It's possible to make it but also very possible to miss the flight.

Things can go wrong and that includes being stopped by customs personnel and that does happen.

Keith

That’s funny you say that. One time my mom, SIL, and I got pulled aside by the authorities. We were getting ready to be waved through by Customs after showing our Passports and out of nowhere this lady appears and said to come with her that they needed to search our bags. Ummm, OK. We did the walk of shame to the back room not knowing what was going on. Once there we were told to put our bags up on these silver tables and they would be searching for fruit, vegetables, and the like.

So we opened our bags but I couldn’t get my suitcase unzipped because I had it packed to the max. The zipper was stuck. She asked if she could try I said sure, just please don’t break it as I needed to fly home. She couldn’t and asked if I had any food products to which I replied no. A male had taken our Passports and she asked if everything checked out to which he said yeah. I asked why they didn’t have the “Beagle Brigade” like at the airport and she said they didn’t get to have dogs so they do it by hand. The whole time she was very professional and nice, but the experience was quite intimidating.

They didn’t find anything of course as we know better than to take any food products off the ship. I thanked her and the other people back there for protecting the US and for doing their job quickly and efficiently and let her know that I appreciate very much what they do. She seemed a little taken aback that I said thank you and I even got a smile [emoji846]. I bet they don’t hear that much. Probably quite the opposite with disgruntled cruisers complaining they are being inconvenienced.

Anyway, that was one of the at least 7 times I have attempted and made early flights. The process took no more than 10 minutes. Be polite and courteous and do what you’re told and it goes a lot faster.

Not exactly an answer to your question, but I like to be last off the ship then check my luggage at the airport then wander around Miami, have a relaxing lunch near the beach, then go back to the airport and fly out. After a week or more of stress free cruising, I'm not eager to end it with a stressful airport run. But i know on past family cruises, my brother has made a 10 am flight out of FLL. Barely.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app