Renting a Jeep

Kudos2Fly

Is it possible to rent a Jeep in Down Town Cozumel when we get in port. I have emailed about 3 local rental jeeps places and non have gotten back to me. Is it easy to walk in to rent one?

By the way we have rented cars in Tortola and a lot of the island in the E. Caribbean. My husband has driven on the left side in many place including Italy. So he is very good at driving in other countries. Plus this is not the first time for us going to Cozumel. We have done a jeep tour before, but through Carnival. But wanted to go on our own this time. We will be in Cozumel long enough that time is not an issue. What is the issue is non of the rental car companies have emailed me back. We could go through Avis but doesn't look like they have jeeps. We will be in Cozumel this coming Wednesday.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought it would be fun too until I read someone's blog (sorry I don't have a link) where he recounted getting into an accident and ending up in jail for 3 days waiting for money to be wired to him to pay the men involved in the accident.