New shore excursions

ltturner

OK, now I'm turning off all formatting.

Manzanillo, Part I

I don't have a scanner, so I'm going to type these in. I'm paraphrasing because, although I'm a pretty fast typist, there's a lot of info here!

Times are approximate. The level indications are as follows.

Level 1: Walking over relatively level terrain.

Level 2: Can involve a considerable amount of physical activity such as walking over cobblestones or uneven surfaces, climbing stairs or steep terrain, or bicycle riding. Not recommended for guests with walking difficulties.

Level 3: Involve physical exertion for extended periods of time. Recommended only for the physically fit and adventurous traveler.

* City Shopping and Sightseeing Tour, 3.5 hours. Level 1. Explore Manzanillo, the world capital of sailfish. Drive around the Peninsula of Santiago, passing by the construction of the largest port on the Pacific coast of Mexico. Las Hadas, the marina, the twin bays and the beach where the movie "10" was filmed. Stop for complimentary beverage at a restaurant overlooking Manzanillo Bay. Brief stop at shopping bazaar. Continue to Club Santiago and panoramic drive through lush banana plantations. Pass by local market and, if traffic permits, see the different vendor stands.

* Manzanillo Resort Getaway, 5 hours. Level 1, Meal. One of the Mexican Riviera's most scenic and luxurious resorts can be found in Manzanillo. On a transfer shuttle, travel around the Bay of Manzanillo to this exclusive resort located along Santiago Bay. Short walk to waiting lounge chair, towel, and the opportunity to swim in one of their pools, beach activities, the small cove of the hotel's private bay, or just relax. Buffet lunch and complimentary drinks are included. Access to resort's changing rooms. Wave runners, banana ride, kayaking and snorkeling equipment available for additional charge. Return to ship in early afternoon.

* Colima City and Comala Village, 7 hours. Level 2, Meal. Scenic one-hour drive through the countryside to the Plaza Principal, the main square of Colima City. Guide will lead you through the 19th century cathedral and Museum of Colima. Brief stop at th epyramids of "La Campana," which date back to the 1st century. Travel to the village of Comala, a 500 year old community in the shadows of two volcanos. Stop in Comala for a snack lunch and 2 beverages in a unique sidewalk cafe by the main plaza.

Manzanillo, Part II

* Cuyutlan Turtle Experience, 5.5 hours. Level 1, Snack. Drive to "El Tortugario," an ecological center where you can get close to the underwater world. Meet face to face some of the largest turtles you have ever seen. Learn how this, the largest remaining sanctuary in Mexico, helps to ensure this endangered spedcies will continue on. Enjoy this interactive experience with these amazing creatures. There is also an iguana center and crocodile sanctuary. On the way to lunch, stop at the Salt Museum, housed in a 19th century salt warehouse with a very accurate production of a salt works. Cuyutlan Beach is our next stop at a picturesque restaurant where we will enjoy a delicious typical snack Mexican botana while you hear the history of the Ola Verde, a devastating green, huge wave that virtually erased this small town many years ago.

* Beach and Shopping Tour, 6.5 hours, Level 1. Start the tour in the main plaza of the downtown area. Mexican souvenirs and trinkets not normally found in large shopping areas. Drive through the port of Manzanillo to Peninsula de Santiago to enjoy a scenic view. Continue to Miramar Flea Market where you will find arts and crafts, pottery, clothing, leather goods, onyx, etc. Drive to a beach club, a serene and tranquil place to catch some sun. Relax and read a book or join in the activities.

* Deep Sea Fishing Adventure, 5 hours. Level 1, Snack. Manzanillo is the sailfish capital of the world, an ideal paradise for the avid sports fisherman. Even if you're after marlin or tuna, this is the place. Enjoy the thrill of deep sea fishing where amazing catches have been made in international tournaments held in these waters. All equipment and bait is included. Light snack of Ceviche soda, beer, and bottled water. Changing rooms available. (Note: The shore excursions desk also sent us a separate piece of paper about fishing excursions noting that it may be necessary to share equipment and saying that you can't bring the fish back with you. They said that a catch is not guaranteed.)

* Discovery Tour and Plantations, 6 hours. Level 2. Drive northbound along Santiago Bay, stopping at a lush plantation of tropical fruits with bananas, coconuts, mangos, and papayas. Cross over the Marabasco River, entering the state of Jalisco, with a view of Cihuatlan, then on to Barra de Navidad where you have time for lunch, shopping, and sightseeing at your leisure. A stop at the local church is a must to view the Christ with the fallen arms. In Barra de Navidad you get a perfect view of Isla Navidad, a mega resort situated on its own island.

Whew! Now I'll get those Mazatlan descriptions for you guys. I'm glad I can help some folks with planning!

Amy

THANKS for posting all these excursions:) kinda gives us an idea of what there is to do-hubby wanted to FISH but this seems a little disappointing:( i also enjoyed reading your view...still thinking about sliding out of my seat during the show:D

Archived