Framed Balconies

cruisin0504

I too had never heard of a framed balcony until yesterday. It is basically a regular balcony that has a smaller opening due to a metal frame that surrounds it. It appears that they are mostly on the lower and/or forward balconies, at least on the Jewel.

They seem to be more private, as on the regular balconies a neighbor could just lean around the partition and be looking right into your cabin. On the framed balconies (deck 8 forward, for instance, aft of the five oceanview cabins) it seems as if nobody could look into your balcony or room from another balcony.

We are booked in 10006 & 10010 for this Sunday (WOOHOO!! 4 more days) on the Jewel and we too have this framed balcony. At first I was disappointed I had booked these cabins, but really, what's so different about it? The size is the same and it appears to have more privacy. So I stopped worrying about it. I'm sure we'll love our cabins and the vacation!

Archived