BLUE MONKEY restaurant, Payne;s beach and snorkel w/sea turtles

foxontherun

I thought to post this after someone asked for pictures. The Blue Moneky pictures and menu are online. The prices are in CARIBBEAN DOLLARS, NOT USD. COnversion is about half. $10 CD is $5.60 USD. Other boat from Paynes Beach take you right out for the sea turtle snorkel. If you don't want to spend all day on a tour and/or don't want to swim out from the beach-it's very close, within 100 yards. You can get a small boat here for $25-$40 for a couple hours of snorkeling.

http://www.escapehotels.co.uk/bluemonkey.aspx

sorry and don't mean to be a stickler, but in Barbados the currancy is the Barbados Dollar. there is no such currancy as the Caribbean Dollar, unless you are in St. Vincent and the Grenadines and a few other island where they have the Eastern Caribbean Dollar.

To the man on the street the exchange is 2 BBD to 1 USD. The bank rate is actually 2.0837 BBD if you are buying 1 USD or 1.98 if you selling 1 USD.

Paynes bay is a lovely beach, but there is also another entrance just across from The Coach House Restaurant. The Restaurant has a beach vendor set up to sell drinks and food (which is brought over from the restaurant. Beach Chairs and Umbrellas can be rented seperately as well from a guy there on the beach.

It's one of my favorite beaches on the island. Glad you enjoyed it.

Sunny,

You aren't a stickler, I'm just having middle aged memory lapse. I stand corrected and rightly so. Yes, we saw the Coach House and looked around there too. We LOVED Babados, the beaches, the people and of course, BANKS BEER! We took down the names of several places around Paynes Beach to go back for 1-2 weeks next year (or as soon as possible if my lotto number wins....) The St.James looked very nice, it was just 3-4 doors down from the Blue Monkey. We have a group of friends who booked their spring 2006 cruises to include Babados because we said "don't miss this place". Thanks for setting me straight. If you see Santa, please tell him to drop off some Banks Beer in Ohio? Tell him to bag up some beach to go with it will you?

M

Archived