Has anyone stayed at Embassy Suites FLL?

Lv2sail

We are booked for a pre-cruise one night on Jan. 26th. Has anyone stayed here? The web site says they will have renovations completed by January 18th but it looks like the pool area won't be finished. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks

Gwen

Jikes you're worried about the pool in January!!!! Ice fishing right:smile:???? Well maybe not quite but it will still be rather chilly in January and not really swiming weather in FLL but once you get to the caribbean it will be ok. The Embassy is very nice even without the pool.

Actually the pool itself HAS been reopened... It's just the restroom, sauna and steam room that aren't finished yet, but I just called over there and they said the pool itself has been finished, IS open and you can use it... And it won't necessarily be too cold for swimming in January! It's normally in the 70's to 80 or so in January unless a front comes down, then it can be chilly but those normally only last a few days and then it warms back up. It may be a bit chilly to the locals, but the beaches and pools are packed with people from cold climates in January! Coming from NJ, it'll be downright HOT here! ;)

Embassy Suites is a great hotel in a spectacular location, the best area for cruisers to stay in with dozens of restaurants and everything else you could possibly want right there.

Thanks for the responses. Today I woke up to 12 degree weather outside with report of snow this evening. If the sun is shining and it's above 70 degrees in FLL in January, the pool is very tempting!

Thanks for the responses. Today I woke up to 12 degree weather outside with report of snow this evening. If the sun is shining and it's above 70 degrees in FLL in January, the pool is very tempting!

Its been chilly here as well, the mornings have been in the mid 60's ...brrrrr. Thank goodness it warms up to the mid 70's by 9am :p

back from my cruise. stayed at embassy suites one night precruise.

its about the same as always. the pool area is nice, the breakfast ok.

they are still renovating the upper 3 floors and have not done the lower ones yet. there are still patches on the glass roof. the location is great but i wouldn't spend a lot of money to stay there. also there was an outdoor party with loud music at the pool until 11.

Archived