NYC Penn station to hotel - with wheelchair

Touyakun

There will be 3 people in my group + luggage. One is a child and one is in a transport chair (they can walk a few feet, so transfers aren't a problem). We are arriving via Amtrak at Penn Station mid February around 6:30pm. It is amtrak, so actual arrival time may vary by a few hours lol. Hotel is the Knickerbocker on w42nd.

I will definitely use the red cap service at Penn Station. But there are 3 people plus luggage, and a small collapsible wheelchair. Will we all fit into a normal taxi? Uber? I would reserve a car service, but from my limited knowledge of Penn Station there isn't really a "car waiting area", and I have no idea of actual arrival time anyways. If it was just me I would just walk or use the subway, but that's not going to happen pushing a wheelchair and several suitcases in the middle of winter. WWYD?

Currently, NYC yellow taxi has a wide variety of approved fleet vehicles, including SUV, minivans, sedans, some are hybrid and these custom designed, access-friendly Nissan NV-200.

http://cloudlakes.com/data_images/models/nissan-nv200/nissan-nv200-12.jpg

The wide bench seat is good for 3 average-sized adults plus 1 more in the front pax seat, the suitcases should fit in the rear along with the folding transport chair. If the next available taxi at the stand isn't big enough, just wait & let others behind skip & jump in ... on our recent trip back from JFK, there're tons of these at the airport - and, I've seen them at NY Penn Station & outside at the cruise port.

Currently, NYC yellow taxi has a wide variety of approved fleet vehicles, including SUV, minivans, sedans, some are hybrid and these custom designed, access-friendly Nissan NV-200.

http://cloudlakes.com/data_images/models/nissan-nv200/nissan-nv200-12.jpg

The wide bench seat is good for 3 average-sized adults plus 1 more in the front pax seat, the suitcases should fit in the rear along with the folding transport chair. If the next available taxi at the stand isn't big enough, just wait & let others behind skip & jump in ... on our recent trip back from JFK, there're tons of these at the airport - and, I've seen them at NY Penn Station & outside at the cruise port.

Oh that's great, thanks for the info! Feeling much better about this