Havana Cabin Rules & Info

Toesinthewater728

Which sailing was that?

My 7 night Havana Cabana was about $2,200 all in for 2 people

MSC Yacht club (granted this was on Divina, so it is a 10-night cruise) where Yacht Club is only available as a Suite, so the pricing isn't quite the same) was $3650 PER PERSON. Plus port fees/charges.

Granted, it's not really a fair comparison because Yacht Club is closer to The Haven, IMO (in terms of what all you get). However, MSC website seems to tell me (granted their website is notoriously buggy) that on Seaside, the Yacht Club cannot be had in a Balcony configuration at least for the last 6 cruise dates I've tried (and don't care to waste my time trying others).

Don't get me wrong. If I ever sail MSC again, it will only be in the Yacht Club (otherwise it's too painful, no matter how decent the pricing is, IMO), but currently only Divina has the itineraries that appeal (Seaside just visits ports I've already been to). And almost $4,000 per person is too much for me. I can get at least 2 cruises in a Havana Cabana for that.

Not sure what time of year your cruising, looks like end of January which would have lower prices (FYI...best I can do with my internet agencies is $2900 before OBC for the same cruise your on?????) ....but we always cruise over holiday periods (high season)... Havana balcony cabins were $3700 (for 2) for our Thanksgiving cruise (not included OBC)....Similar cost for the week leading up to Easter. Of course Havana does not include alcohol nor have food/restaurant/butler/concierge,etc...like MSC Yacht Club. I cruised on MSC Yacht Club last week for $4000 (for 2) with $450 OBC..... and this was all inclusive. Wasn't charged anything extra as a matter of fact my grandson (who cruised for free) was only charge $6.25/day for service charge (1/2 adult price)!! There is no comparison.... Until MSC jacks up Yacht Club prices....No more Carnival for me. This past cruise on MSC Yacht Club was our best cruise ever.... in 25 years of cruising. The experience is second to none and at half the price of Haven on NCL

Edited by lcpagejr

in theory yes but watching the scam it was quite easy to beat the system. We watched daily people come in with bands on that were not staying in Havana cabins that they got from their friends who were. If a person who gave their band away was asked where it was they simply showed the card with the sticker. This went on all week. We found the enforcement to be minimal.

The second best one was the 2 couples who bought older bands off E bay Brilliant idea to the seller. Still debating if I am going to sell mine.

I do see Carnival selling Day Passes to Havana in the future. Just like FTTF people will pay a daily premium rate to use the area

For us found the experience not as good as Haven on NCL. we will be comparing it to MSC Yacht Club soon

My thoughts ,

Fireman's wife thanks for the tips a few months ago

Excellent, this was the exact information that I was looking for. Thank you.

Royal Majesty 11/16/12 Bud Light Cruise

Carnival Legend 11/17/13

Carnival Glory 3/9/14

Carnival Dream 10/19/14 WSOP Cruise

Carnival Valor 1/11/15

Carnival Horizon 4/13/18!!!!

Not sure what time of year your cruising, looks like end of January which would have lower prices (FYI...best I can do with my internet agencies is $2900 before OBC for the same cruise your on?????) ....but we always cruise over holiday periods (high season)... Havana balcony cabins were $3700 (for 2) for our Thanksgiving cruise (not included OBC)....Similar cost for the week leading up to Easter. Of course Havana does not include alcohol nor have food/restaurant/butler/concierge,etc...like MSC Yacht Club. I cruised on MSC Yacht Club last week for $4000 (for 2) with $450 OBC..... and this was all inclusive. Wasn't charged anything extra as a matter of fact my grandson (who cruised for free) was only charge $6.25/day for service charge (1/2 adult price)!! There is no comparison.... Until MSC jacks up Yacht Club prices....No more Carnival for me. This past cruise on MSC Yacht Club was our best cruise ever.... in 25 years of cruising. The experience is second to none and at half the price of Haven on NCL

Not to sidetrack the thread, but:

Booked the Jan. 27th 2019 cruise a few days after Carnival opened the booking window. Prices have obviously gone up since then (no surprise, it's a high demand area), although I mis-added, as that was the price after down payment. So total price was $2500 (via SFX with my discounts).

I'm more interested in your $4k pricing for Yacht Club (balcony I'm assuming since that's equivalent to the Havana Cabana). AFAIK, Divina only has YC rooms in Suites. Seaside doesn't seem to have YC in balconies at all? Perhaps that price was for a 7 night inside room on YC?

Now, granted, YC is (IMO) on-par with Haven, but much cheaper (well relatively). I think last time I priced Haven out for a 7-nighter it was like $6k (ouch) for a suite, per person. Obviously if I could afford that, I'd take the $3800 per person for an 11-nighter Divina cruise (more for less is always better, I say).

Too bad I can't find a website that'll let me search all Seaside cruises that have YC Balcony availability (but indications from MSC's website are that it's not a configuration that's available at all--but again you and I know their website is notoriously buggy). Although that's only for comparison sake. All the Seaside cruises I've looked at seem to be the same 1-2 itineraries and we've already done those ports.

Perhaps I'll have to inquire over on the MSC forum so I don't further hijack the thread.

LOL!

Not to sidetrack the thread, but:

Booked the Jan. 27th 2019 cruise a few days after Carnival opened the booking window. Prices have obviously gone up since then (no surprise, it's a high demand area), although I mis-added, as that was the price after down payment. So total price was $2500 (via SFX with my discounts).

I'm more interested in your $4k pricing for Yacht Club (balcony I'm assuming since that's equivalent to the Havana Cabana). AFAIK, Divina only has YC rooms in Suites. Seaside doesn't seem to have YC in balconies at all? Perhaps that price was for a 7 night inside room on YC?

Now, granted, YC is (IMO) on-par with Haven, but much cheaper (well relatively). I think last time I priced Haven out for a 7-nighter it was like $6k (ouch) for a suite, per person. Obviously if I could afford that, I'd take the $3800 per person for an 11-nighter Divina cruise (more for less is always better, I say).

Too bad I can't find a website that'll let me search all Seaside cruises that have YC Balcony availability (but indications from MSC's website are that it's not a configuration that's available at all--but again you and I know their website is notoriously buggy). Although that's only for comparison sake. All the Seaside cruises I've looked at seem to be the same 1-2 itineraries and we've already done those ports.

Perhaps I'll have to inquire over on the MSC forum so I don't further hijack the thread.

LOL!

It was for a YC Suite balcony (YC1)....Larger cabin and bathroom then Havana. Come over to the MSC board and I'll give you more direction on how to check for YC Suite availability. Thanks for clarifying your pricing for Havana. We are not long term planners.... and usually get the "itch" 3-4 months before our cruise date....on top of that we cruise high season because my wife works in school district. To be honest it would kill me to book a cruise so far out....The wait would be to agonizing!! LOL

Edited by lcpagejr