We want to see 7 mile beach, stingrays and Hell

corte65

We will be in Grand Cayman off of the Celebrity Zenith. I am thinking I would like to see Hell, the Stingrays (should we go Sandbar or City? ) and then spend some time relaxing on the beach. Celebrity does not have a shore excursion that fits my idea. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can go about this? Neither of us have been to Grand Cayman before so we are unfamiliar with distances and transportation options. The ship plans to dock at 8:00am and depart at 5:00pm the same day.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Personally, I would skip Hell. It is really very unmemorable in my mind. It's a little store and a post office with an odd rock formation behind the store. Google it under "images" and you'll see it's not much.

The Stingrays, on the other hand, are NOT TO BE MISSED. The best thign is to go as early as you can, before it gets too crowded. Then, when you get back to port, go to Seven Mile Beach for the rest of your time in port.

Have fun.

JRoeT has the same opinion about Hell as I do, skip it. There is the post office, some souvenir stands and lots and lots of sharp rocks.

hell.jpg

Definitely do Stingray City. Get the earliest trip there you can arrange before it gets crowded. You want to go to the sandbar if you want to be able to stand and interact with the stingrays. You'd go to the "city" if you actually wanted to snorkel and not touch the bottom, or if you were scuba diving. You can get dropped off at Seven mile beach after.

To do what you want to do look up private tour operators. They can get you to Stingray City in the morning. The City is the same as the sandbar. Its out in the ocean and they just call it city. When you return you can request where you get dropped off. If you get dropped at a beach you could take a taxi over to Hell and get your pictures, postcards, souveniers and the ability to say you have truly been to Hell and back. Then either return to the beach or back to town to catch your tender.

We booked a tour for Jan '06 going to the Stingray Sandbar (because of shallower water, 4-5 ft), the turtle farm, 7 Mile Beach, and Hell for $45pp through Nativway as a result of reading LOTS of recommendations here. Here is the link: http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/shiptours.html

This tour is called "Stingray and Island Tour"

Archived