Anyone dive with Bananarama in Roatan??

Stephany

Am looking to book a dive for my husband with Bananarama Resort & Dive Center. Has anyone ever stayed their or used them for diving/snorkeling? We are looking to go to West Bay for the day and was looking for a good dive company to go with. Any info?

I used them a couple of years ago. If I remember correctly it was $65.00 for 2 tanks. The ship wanted double that! No problems....They picked me up outside the gate to the port at 12noon and had me back at a comfortable time before sailing. The diving in Roatan is wonderful. Yes I would use them again.

• 3 weeks later...

They've got a good dive operation, but I wouldn't stay at their "resort." It's a bit of a dive, forgive the pun.

But the dive op is solid. A good boat; plenty of room with lotsa shade. The divemaster then was Anja. She really made an effort to find and point out neat stuff. She was very thorough with pre-dive planning and was always aware of where her group was. However she was willing to let the more experienced divers in the group wander around a little.

I particularly liked the dive at "Spooky Channel"; a very different kind of dive for Roatan. Try to get there if you can...

I used Fantasy Island last December. I dove, my wife stayed on the beach. You can book directly with Fantasy Island. Since they do not have a contract with the cruise ships for diving. They will pick you up at the dock along with the people that booked through the cruise ship for a beach day and you will return with them so there is no worry about missing the ship. They charged us $60 for the both of us and I did one dive. I think they will throw in lunch for another $10 per person.

Archived