Travel insurance and itinerary changes

And of course I can call my insurance company. In fact I did. My question isn't a "does my insurance cover this," it's has anyone had similar experience with this type of itinerary change? Is East to West enough of a change to warrant a claim?

The problem is that you asked a question about making a claim and gave no specifics about your policy. The answer will always be it depends and to call your insurance provider because every policy, even from the same provider, is VERY different on what it covers for what reasons. If you posted the specific policy you had then people can post on their specific experiences with the changes you mentioned.

I just called Nationwide and it turns out you would have had to purchase cruise insurance before the hurricane was "named." I booked insurance on the same day hurricane Irma was named, but before hurricane Maria was named. I'm in one of those 'wait and see' situations. The representative told me she wasn't able to approve or deny a claim over the phone.

Reading the Nationwide policy the named exclusion is under the Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption and not under Itinerary Change. I have the coverage but purchased it recently so working to get it covered once I take my trip on 10/21

Reading the Nationwide policy the named exclusion is under the Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption and not under Itinerary Change. I have the coverage but purchased it recently so working to get it covered once I take my trip on 10/21

That must be why I didn't see it. I'll go back and check that part. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums