Bodden tours A+

DKS

We just did a tour with Bodden. Had Kem as our tour guide. We are a family of with 3 children ages 3, 7 and 10 and we had a blast. What a great way to get a taste of the Island, and you go at your own pace. We had nice clean air conditioned van just for our family. Kem made suggestions and than we picked what we wnated to do and then adjusted based on the kids likes and dislikes. He seemed to know everyone. One of our most favorite stops. We would like to go back and spend more time just in Roaton. I have to say I was very worried to go to this island, but i am so glad we did.

• 2 weeks later...

You can e-mail Victor Bodden at his web site: www.boddentours.com

We toured with one of his drivers last week. The charge is $25.00 per person for all day (minumum 4 persons), go anywhere you want. We let the driver decide on where to go and where to eat. Our driver was Lionel.

Victor uses an internet cafe and may not reply immediately but usually checks his e-mail every day.

We were in Roatan last week and had a great time with Kem (sp?). We went to Half Moon Bay to snorkel first and then to Foster's for the beach. The snorkeling was good, lots of colorful fish, and it was a cute little place. They rented snorkel equip. for $6.00 pp.

If I had it to do over again I would skip the beach because I got bit like crazy by sand fleas. I have about 30 bites and they itch more now than ever (we were there last Wed.) My daughter and husband didn't get bit I guess because they were in the water all of the time. My sons were on the beach with me, they got a few bites. We weren't on the beach very long.

It sounds like there are lots of other things to see in Roatan. I don't know if all the beaches have the sand flea problem. Our tour was great and we really had a good time!!

WE were looking at booking with Bodden tours and I wondered, since my husband is handicapped and can't to the canopy adventures, how much are the entrance fees for the iguana and butterfly farms? Did you tip the guide and how much over the 25 per person?

Thanks

We just returned from cruise and booked Bodden tours. Victor met us at the pier and introduced us to Enry (our guide). He was great. Perfect english, its his first language. He took us all over the island and whatever we wanted to do. We went to the Iguana Farm....amazing and to Mayan Princess on West Bay, went snorkeling in Half Moon Bay (no charge to snorkel and they rent fins and masks). Enry was totally trustworthy....He took my bag and locked it in his car while we were snorkeling ...my husband, myself and my 13 year old son. There was plenty of valuables and nothing was touched. IT costs $30 per person for 3 people, and then we tipped him $10 so it was $100 total, but we had him for the whole day to take us around and show us his beautiful island. Loved it! Go to www.boddentours.com and book it. Victors written english is not so good , but he speaks perfect english.:)

We spent our day with Victor when we were in Roatan. I would highly recommend his tour.

We had email contact with Victor on several occasions before our trip. When we got off the ship, Victor was waiting right where he said he would be. Our tour ended up being combined with another family and one other couple. We knew that we would be with the couple, but did not know about the family and I would like to say that this suprise worked out fine, but I really can't say that so anyway...

We started our day with an island tour. We stopped off at the zip line canopy tour (which we had arranged to do ahead of time, but chickened out and Victor was not at all upset) and dropped off two people from our group. The rest of us went to the iguana farm (for $5/pp) which was interesting. When we were done, we went back to the canopy tour to pick up the two sweatiest men I have ever seen!

So, then we swung by Anthony's Key resort for a looksee. Anthony's Key is where they do the dolphin type excursions. It looks like a very beautiful place. We also made a stop at Victors house where we met his wife who was working in their convenience store. We purchased some vanilla here for a very good price.

We then headed to another resort where we ate lunch and did some swimming. The service here was very slow and the food was expensive ($4 for beans and rice??). I also think that they had the sand fleas here because I had several bites on my legs. The bathrooms here were very nice and clean.

On our way back to the ship, Victor dropped us off at an orphanage. We had arranged to visit the orphanage before we left so, we had brought a backpack full of small toys. We were suprised that we were dropped off, but the family on the tour with us wanted to get back to the ship in time for their early dinner seating (despite the fact that they had just ate?). Anyway, we had a fun time passing out the toys and watching the kids go nuts. The teacher that was there only spoke spanish, but we found a common language and everything was all good. This was really the highlight of our day.

Victor had us back to the ship with time to spare. It was a nice day in Roatan and I would not hesitate to recommend Victor Bodden Tours to anyone.

Amanda

We spent our day with Victor when we were in Roatan. I would highly recommend his tour.

On our way back to the ship, Victor dropped us off at an orphanage. We had arranged to visit the orphanage before we left so, we had brought a backpack full of small toys. We were suprised that we were dropped off, but the family on the tour with us wanted to get back to the ship in time for their early dinner seating (despite the fact that they had just ate?). Anyway, we had a fun time passing out the toys and watching the kids go nuts. The teacher that was there only spoke spanish, but we found a common language and everything was all good. This was really the highlight of our day.

Amanda

We are booked with Victor for our April trip. We are also planning on going to the orphanage. Can you reccomend any supplies to bring and about how many kids are there? Thanks!

We are booked with Victor for our April trip. We are also planning on going to the orphanage. Can you reccomend any supplies to bring and about how many kids are there? Thanks!

I am glad to hear that you are going to the orphanage. Apparently, there are two in Roatan. Victor will probably take you to the same one that we went to because he said there is more need there. There were many younger children (15 or so) there and some older ones that were out for the day. We chose to fill a spiderman backpack as a carry-on to bring with us on our cruise. It was easier than packing it and we then just checked it with the rest of our luggage at the port. We filled it with little colorful plastic slinkies, glow in the dark sticky hands, inflatable guitars, ice cream cone shooters (where the cone is a foam ball that pops off) and several decks of playing cards for the kids. We passed out about half of the stuff and told the teacher to save the rest for christmas. Most of these items are things that we had bought for our wedding reception. The couple that went with us brought puzzles and coloring books and things of that nature. I am sure that play dough would go over well. The kids started playing with the toys right away and seemed to be really excited. I would bring things that wouldn't be too easy to break from all of the traveling. You could also ask Victor to ask them for a wish list then next time he stops there so that you know exactly what they need. I am sure he would be willing to do that. I would not bring candy :) We let them keep the backpack ~ which was a huge hit!

http://image61.webshots.com/61/3/15/64/527431564XOnHxS_ph.jpg

Here is my DH with one of the children

http://image55.webshots.com/155/3/12/83/527431283psbHgd_ph.jpg

a very happy child

Amanda

Archived