Internet Package

jamieac

I am a little confused and wondered if anyone could help that has been on a cruise recently. the last few years when sailing we purchased one of the new internet packages while onboard and they offered it at a reduced rate if you purchased it for the entire trip instead of per day. I am getting ready for our next voyage and see that carnival is now offering a "discount" on internet plans if you pre-buy before the cruise but it doesn't give the "full voyage discount" as they did before. Are they no longer offering the full voyage "deal" onboard and charge by the number of days only?

Thanks in advance for anyone that can answer that for me.

Jamie

I am a little confused and wondered if anyone could help that has been on a cruise recently. the last few years when sailing we purchased one of the new internet packages while onboard and they offered it at a reduced rate if you purchased it for the entire trip instead of per day. I am getting ready for our next voyage and see that carnival is now offering a "discount" on internet plans if you pre-buy before the cruise but it doesn't give the "full voyage discount" as they did before. Are they no longer offering the full voyage "deal" onboard and charge by the number of days only?

Thanks in advance for anyone that can answer that for me.

Jamie

In May it was cheaper precruise. No discount when on ship.

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

I understand your question. On the ship, they offer a day rate and a trip rate. The trip rate is cheaper. I would guess that the trip or duration rate wiuld be cheaper if purchased before rather than during the cruise. I am pretty sure but not 100%. I would go ahead and do it before, I bet you come out ahead...

If you pre-purchase Internet online through your booking manager your purchasing it at that per day price for the entire cruise. In other words they only offer the WiFi package pre-purchase for the entire cruise period. Not for only certain days of the cruise that you choose. The price you see online per day, multiply it by the number of days your cruise is and thats what you will be charged. This price is cheaper then if you waited till the day of your cruise and purchased it once on board whether you bought it by the day or the entire cruise period.