Quiet Part of GC

skm

Can't decide what to do. Will be in port for the first time 7am-3pm. Don't really want to take an excursion, it seems like we would be on the go the whole time, never relaxing and enjoying GC. Thinking about just finding a quiet beach that has some snorkeling. What part of the island is lowkey and safe for snorkeling? I've got the sitewww.caymanislandsdiscounts.com that I've been looking at for the map of snorkel spots. Any of these look like a good choice? Would you take a taxi, bus, or rent a car? (I've read the traffic is congested in the late afternoon, wouldn't want to miss the ship) How much time should we give to return to the dock if we rent a car? So many options and I'm the most undecisive person!!! Thanks for any help. SKM

I like to walk south down to Sunset House - a decent stretch of the legs but not too far - 1 mile

A decent place for a shore dive or some snorkeling (Iron shore tho - not a sand beach) (out side shower to rinse right next to the dip tank for your gear)

And "My Bar" is a nice place to get some fritters and a beer - far enuf from town to be uncrowded.

http://sunsethouse.com/resort.php

no affiliation, I just have had lots of good times there

Sorry...I should have explained better. By safe I meant the water conditions. I'm not an excellent swimmer and my hubby basically can't swim. I've read other places that the waters between GC and one of the smaller Caymans can get rough. Maybe they meant further out from shore where no one would be swimming? Anyhow thanks. SKM

Archived