Yay for TA and Celebrity

DancerOT

Just a big shout out for my travel agent and Celebrity! My younger brother decided to join us on our December 24, 2005 cruise on Century....yesterday. Our travel agent was able to add him to our room on a roll-a-way at the same price that we got for me (as the third person in the room), 6 months ago. So, it is definitely worth it to have a travel agent and big thanks to Celebrity for letting us add him at a great price on a holiday cruise!:D

Isn't this the standard price for an extra person? I don't understand. Was this meant to be a room for three and they're bending the rules for you?

No, there are actually different prices for 3rd and 4th people depending upon when you book. If you book now, it is $1200 for the 3rd and 4th person in the room, whereas when we booked it was less than half of that. So the fact that they gave it to us at our original booking rate rather than the current rate was very nice. They could have very easily stated the 4th person in the room would be $1200 and that would have been a fair and valid statement. It is a room for 3 but they said they could put a rollaway into the room for us. Hope this answers your questions.

Yeah, Celebrity did right by you. You are indeed lucky. We were in a similar situation when sailing with HAL last year. There were already 10 people booked in 4 cabins. We wished to add 1 child to 1 cabin which at that time only held 2 adults. HAL was stingy enough to charge full brochure price for the 3rd person in our cabin...:( Hey if they need the money that much more than we do????

Notice we are not sailing HAL this Christmas...their loss...

Congrats. Now, if I could somehow convince Celebrity to allow 4 people in a sky suite, which officially only allows room for 3...(they certainly allowed 4 people in sky suites on the Mercury, which is a smaller ship than the Constellation...are the sky suites smaller now?) :confused:

Archived