shopping

gramgill

we are visiting here for the first time next month and wasnt planning doing a tour but would like to have a stroll round the shops, can anyone tell me is the town centre close to the port ie walking distance or is there somewhere close to the port for shopping

We were in Costa Maya about a year and a half, maybe two years ago. I found it wonderful there. From what I remember, you get off the ship at the dock, and there is a tram that takes you to the shopping area, or you can walk. The shopping area is newer than other ports, and is right by a beach area, complete with hammocks. Had I known that, I would have worn a bathing suit under my shorts! When we were there, they had locals provide free entertainment right in the shopping area. The prices were better than the other western carib ports (Cozemel, Belize..), I bought a few items there, too low to resist. They will bargain with you.

I haven't been ther since, so I hope this a still accutate!

Good evening,

I was just in Costa Maya last week. It is so beautiful there. After you get off your ship you can walk or take a 2 minute tram ride to the end of the pier. There are several shops, a pool with a swim up bar, a beach with chairs and hammacks. There are also several booths set up for various excursions.

We really enjoyed Costa Maya and look forward to going back someday soon. :)

Erin

Archived