Dawn 11/05/2006 Western Caribbean Cancelled

carlielyn

I found out by going to NCL website and putting in my confirmation #. I've done that a couple times before and have had no problems. My cabin # and our names always came up. This time it came up that there was no such reservation.

I called NCL directly and they said I was rebooked on the Spirit for 10/29/06. A different ship, a different itinerary and a cabin that I was not happy with.

I called the internet agency I booked through and was able to switch my reservation to 11/26 for the same itinerary on the Dawn with the cabin next door to the one I had before--9238 aft part of ship.

It was 95.00 more pp though. The internet agency and they said there was nothing they could do about the increase in price that this date's booking were more than the one on the 6th.

I hope the 26th booking on the Dawn doesn't get cancelled too!! If it does I'm going to try not to get too stressed out and just look for another cruise that will work for us. It will be our 1st cruise so I'm sure we'll have a great time no matter what.

NCL has scheduled a drydock for the Dawn next November. Your online agency should have informed you earlier, but this was posted recently and maybe they haven't been able to, or where going to inform you in the near future. Its not up to NCL to inform passengers when they book through a travel agency, its the travel agency's job.

I am so glad the situation worked out without too much pain. Since November 2006 cruises are still early in the booking cycle, you were able to find similar accomodations although at a slighly higher price on a different cruise on the same ship. Its a good thing you surf the internet and checked on your reservation. Have a great cruise on the Dawn....

NCL has scheduled a drydock for the Dawn next November. Your online agency should have informed you earlier, but this was posted recently and maybe they haven't been able to, or where going to inform you in the near future. Its not up to NCL to inform passengers when they book through a travel agency, its the travel agency's job.

Not exactly - no dry dock - they have the Dawn doing 7 day cruises. I guess two ships in the Fall doing longer then 7 days are hard to sell. Many are excluded that can only do 7 days.

7-Day Bahamas & Florida, New York round-trip

2006: Oct 15, 22, 29; Nov 12

7-Day Bahamas & Florida, New York round-trip

2006: Nov 5, 19

Archived