Century 11-26-05 cruise report

cruzin princess

:) My DH and I have sailed on the Century four times prior to this cruise.

After reading some of the negative reports on these boards, we were a bit apprehensive about the condition of our favorite lady.

Wow was that a lesson to us; don't beleive all that you read!!!

From embarkation to debarkation, I must say that this was by far our best cruise experience ever. We have been on 12 prior cruises but this was the best yet.

We were in suite 1221 on the Sky Deck, and our butler, Alex, was absolutely amazing. Our room steward, Franco, was so unobtrusive, that it was like he wasn't even there. He must have been lurking in the shadows, because we could have been gone from our cabin for 15 minutes, and upon our return everything was spotless.

The food was wonderful, excluding the soups (very bland).

The ports were great and our weather was amazing.

I must tell you that if you ever get the chance to go to Antigua, try Rogers beach. We had previously spend an entire week at the Sandals resort, but this beach was the most beautiful we had ever seen.

St. Maartens, was of course, a shopping meca, and Orient beach goes without saying.

Barbados, was great also, but I would not suggest going into town. The shopping in other ports is much better and we thought the twon was pretty dirty.

St. Lucia was also a wonderful island, and the Piton Mountains were awesome.

I would highly recommend the Century; she is a wonderful shipl. Everything was ship shape, and the staff were constantly varnishing, polishing, painting, scrubbing, whatever it took. It is just a shame that she will only be doing 4 and 5 day western caribbean next year.

Just remember, you can't believe everything you read. She is till a lovely lady and the staff is beyond amazing.

Also, the Aqua Spa is wonderful. Anyone have questions about any of the ports, I would be happy to answer any questions.

:)

We were in suite 1221 on the Sky Deck, and our butler, Alex, was absolutely amazing. Our room steward, Franco, was so unobtrusive, that it was like he wasn't even there. He must have been lurking in the shadows, because we could have been gone from our cabin for 15 minutes, and upon our return everything was spotless.

Also, the Aqua Spa is wonderful. Anyone have questions about any of the ports, I would be happy to answer any questions.

Question: Do those suites have the 69 sq ft balconies, or 142 sq ft large enough for loungers and table and padded chairs? I thought 1221 was on the Sports Deck up top???

Did you have any meals served in suite?

Celebrity's website says there are both sizes but I can't tell. choice is between 1200 and 1060 on Penthouse deck. Does anyone know size of balcony on 1060 also? Thanks.

Question: Do those suites have the 69 sq ft balconies, or 142 sq ft large enough for loungers and table and padded chairs? I thought 1221 was on the Sports Deck up top???

Did you have any meals served in suite?

Celebrity's website says there are both sizes but I can't tell. choice is between 1200 and 1060 on Penthouse deck. Does anyone know size of balcony on 1060 also? Thanks.

It is my understanding that all of the Sky Suites on the Sports Deck have the larger balconies.

-Heather

yes sorry, it was the sports deck we were on and yes the balcony is huge. It had 2 lounge chairs, small table, large eating table and 3 chairs.

The best part about that deck is it is so quiet.

Yes I have pictures, but haven't downloaded them yet. As soon as I do I will let you know.

:) My DH and I have sailed on the Century four times prior to this cruise.

After reading some of the negative reports on these boards, we were a bit apprehensive about the condition of our favorite lady.

Wow was that a lesson to us; don't beleive all that you read!!!

Hi Cruzin Princess !

I am happy that you felt the same way as we did. We were on the sailing before you, and we found Century to be in Great condition, and the Captain and Crew were fantastic. It was one of the best Cruises we have ever taken with Celebrity. We have been on many Cruises with Celebrity, and on Century.

I have said on here (at least 100 times), not to worry about going on Century. She is a great ship, and in excellent condition. It is a real shame that some folks just look for reasons to pick on the ship. After being on the last Cruise, I am even more suspicious about it, when I read it.

Of course, I am well aware that things can and do go wrong. No Cruise is perfect. But, if you want to nit pick things endlessly, I am sure you can always find things to pick on.

As for me ? Well, I am on Vacation, and I dont care to spend my time looking for every imperfection. I would rather spend the time enjoying my well-earned Vacation. IMHO, just about any Cruise is a good thing :).

Archived