Breakaway first timer

frenchlover

Just off the Breakaway this morning. Ate breakfast and lunch in the garden cafe most days, did not experience any great vibration issues. We did have a 3 hour delay during the embarkation process due to a yearly required Coast Guard drill, not a great start but kept a positive attitude. Never met our cabin steward but, the room was clean and we had a different towel animal every night.Weather was not great, but again made the best of it. Met a lot of staff in the hallways and we always greeted them with a smile and they responded accordingly.

Thank you for talking me off of the ledge!!! We once stayed in an aft balcony on RC's Brilliance of the Seas and it was horrible, between the shoot and the constant vibration I thought I would lose my mind! We don't spend a lot of time in our room and my DH ( previously a sailor in the US Navy) seems to think that with the size of the ship we will be fine. I am super excited about this cruise and don't believe one silly post about some vibration will make a difference!!!

you're welcome! 2 more weeks and i'll be cruising up good vibrations out of NYC!! lol.. just playin' :D so far i'm forward in a bc balcony but i had to bid on a mini suite.. i just love the game!

you're welcome! 2 more weeks and i'll be cruising up good vibrations out of NYC!! lol.. just playin' :D so far i'm forward in a bc balcony but i had to bid on a mini suite.. i just love the game!

Hopefully you get the spa mini, which would be awesome!!! I noticed today that the category is selling out. Good Luck and hope you win your bid!

For all my Breakaway cruises (3), our visits to the aft section for dinners have been met with significant vibrations and like a shimmy side-to-side motion. It was worst and Cagney's, but noticeable throughout the entire aft.

On one trip the waiter overheard us talking about how we would be annoyed if our cabin was in the aft section and he mentioned that sometime in rough seas or if traveling fast that can happen. It must be ship speed more than anything because on all those trips our cabin was as forward and as high up as possible and we never felt a thing so it could not be weather related.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hopefully you get the spa mini, which would be awesome!!! I noticed today that the category is selling out. Good Luck and hope you win your bid!

thank you! i will enjoy this cruise no matter what.. but the spa..:eek: we'll see!! this will also be my first cruise on the Breakaway.. my first 2 cruises were on Carnival... lots of fun there on the megaships!

We just sailed on the breakaway last week and didn't have issues with much vibrations. I could tell I wasn't walking on the outside ground but I expected that since we were on a big ship in the water with waves. The only night that I really noticed anything was Monday evening at Cagney's and then in our stateroom but the waves were high that evening. I didn't notice anything in the buffet and we ate breakfast and lunch there. Our Cabin Steward RC was amazing and very friendly!!

We just got off her on Sunday, we did experience some vibrations in GC but mostly late a night durning the late night snacks. I also as a PP said, feel speed had something to do with it. We were very forward this sailing for our stateroom 9 fwd lg balcony vs 10 mid reg balcony previously and we felt lots of motion. I think the waters were more active too perhaps?

We saw little of our stewaRd and would have liked the bunks to have been brought up each day but other than that nothing was lacking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And bought a watch on a supposedly sale. Found out through Amazon, we paid 30$ more than we should have AND the watch has a defect!! Nope, its back to Royal Carribean for us:mad:

Did you buy some art and chains by the inch too?:'):'):'):'):')