Live - It's time to Breakaway from the everyday. Breakaway 10/22 - 10/29/2017

seadog67

As I posted my last entry about or day on GSC my phone battery went kaput. Back in charge now lol. A few more pictures from our time on the island

Like a deserted island paradise

2ab033ea347b14f205d5978b6624de9b.jpg

The new to us Bacardi Bar

0a38917d669039e70ad3d1caad96d25d.jpg

26f3916e199522aee524fca1c2f246ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soon enough the clouds said this is your last warning and we decided to head back to de ship mon

019c1ddeaf83798098d7b3e089eb48de.jpg

8960696dad98ca8761101ec2bf9ad1f6.jpg

Does not show but the skies opened up and the bottom of the tender was filled including lots of returning crew. Needless to say we got soaked but laughed all the way back..

f3fb1f12bbbfd4fdc810425ba4819080.jpg

Is the Bacardi Bar connected to the UBP? Or are those charges separate/additional?

Sorry I did not get my drinks there so I do not know. Hopefully someone else can clarify for you.

Is the sea rocky enough to wear water shoes @ GSC. A couple years ago they cancelled GSC so we didn't get there.

I would say yes, I wore them but others in there did not. It seems less rocky than previously, but the daily even mentions water shoes are recommended.

Really enjoying your thread, SeaDog! We sail on BA Dec 15th, so getting really excited!

I'm going to ask a question but also answer a question of yours. My question: you posted a menu for I thought Taste and Savor together. The NCL page for these restaurants say they have different menus. Are you seeing that, that they have different menus every day?

Last night and tonight both were the same.

Tonights menu posted at both places

b4b47756d5564de9afc0f877fbd38f8c.jpg

e16ef6d2d2245764e2ad0b2dc19ded82.jpg

Thanks for posting the Teen info! If you get back by there for the last few days that they post up, could you snap another pic? Y'all are awesome!! :)

No problem at all. I will try to get the remaining days for you and post, check back.

Someone recommended Charlie Love in Fat Cats and we were walking by and heard the music and stopped in and we are glad we did.. they were awesome playing all era of blues.. from Ray Charles to Michael Jackson to Earth Wind and Fire. Lots of dancing. Have some videos to share when possible.

Highly recommend checking them out and thanks for the recommendation! ( not sure who recommended it now as it is tough to find the post on my phone)

People dancing in the streets..

31bda4cf7098eaf6771cd50a508ae32b.jpg

Thanks so much for all the pics of GSC. I have to say I am not liking the closeness of those lounge chairs. My goodness...it is not likely I will be able to maneuver myself in and out of one of them without some space on the side to do so. What were they thinking with that setup! I will probably plop myself down on my towel instead. Wondering also if they are now renting umbrellas. Someone mentioned they rented one but I was not sure if he was mistaking GSC with Harvest Caye.

Thanks so much for all the pics of GSC. I have to say I am not liking the closeness of those lounge chairs. My goodness...it is not likely I will be able to maneuver myself in and out of one of them without some space on the side to do so. What were they thinking with that setup! I will probably plop myself down on my towel instead. Wondering also if they are now renting umbrellas. Someone mentioned they rented one but I was not sure if he was mistaking GSC with Harvest Caye.

That's pretty typical, but there are plenty of places to get away from the main crowd even when it is more populated than today's visit. We found a great spot in a more rocky area away from this main beach that had only a few people and limited chairs. In that area, you definitely needed water shoes.

That's pretty typical, but there are plenty of places to get away from the main crowd even when it is more populated than today's visit. We found a great spot in a more rocky area away from this main beach that had only a few people and limited chairs. In that area, you definitely needed water shoes.
Well that's good to know...I will be on the lookout for those areas. Thanks! :D

Someone recommended Charlie Love in Fat Cats and we were walking by and heard the music and stopped in and we are glad we did.. they were awesome playing all era of blues.. from Ray Charles to Michael Jackson to Earth Wind and Fire. Lots of dancing. Have some videos to share when possible.

Highly recommend checking them out and thanks for the recommendation! ( not sure who recommended it now as it is tough to find the post on my phone)

I recommended Fat Cats and Charlie Love. I know we found them early in our cruise last March and ended up going every night...for at least an hour or longer. Awesome music, great bar service and many happy, enthuisastic cruisers having a good time. Thanks for the pictures.

The band seems to have changed somewhat since our visit. Charlie is the same, of course. The guy on the left, Hassan, is the same. The drummer is different, and Crystal (the piano player) seems to not be there at all. Crystal was great...she mostly played the piano but would occasionally sing a song or two. She and Charlie were great together.

We'll be on the Breakaway again next March, I really hope Charlie and the band are playing there then.

I recommended Fat Cats and Charlie Love. I know we found them early in our cruise last March and ended up going every night...for at least an hour or longer. Awesome music, great bar service and many happy, enthuisastic cruisers having a good time. Thanks for the pictures.

The band seems to have changed somewhat since our visit. Charlie is the same, of course. The guy on the left, Hassan, is the same. The drummer is different, and Crystal (the piano player) seems to not be there at all. Crystal was great...she mostly played the piano but would occasionally sing a song or two. She and Charlie were great together.

We'll be on the Breakaway again next March, I really hope Charlie and the band are playing there then.

Thanks for that recommend! The pianist was there just hidden behind Charlie in my pictures.

Thanks again!

Good Morning Cruise Critics from America..

Guten Morgen for our German Critics...

Good Morning eh for our Canadian Critics :)

Buongiorno for our Italian Critics...

Dia dhuit for our Galic Irish Critics...

Namaste for our Hindi Critics....

Ohayo Gozaimasu for our Japanese Critics..

Buenos dias for our Spanish Critics...

Bonjour for our French Critics...

Well we are at the start of day 5... boohoo the week goes so fast...

Was up very early as you may have noticed I failed to close out day 4 last night, we returned to the cabin after listening to Charlie Love for quite a while to see

Roger Rabbit we assume

d7fbdaa757f4d79ed5ddc9c2bd725fe8.jpg

Is it me or do all the towel animals have attitudes on this trip lol

After posting the dailies I crashed and sleep until 4 when I woke bright eyed and bushy tailed..

Sat in the Garden Cafe and read for several hours then saw our approach to Nassau..

e9b8407cca92d927d9dee47bd06a5049.jpg

Some early morning pool deck photos

c3d2cefa17b8c04d2bdf112de5d8a688.jpg

f4722c01407e1cab6e8237d9ff5019e4.jpg

0e1213c9705db152087edf6bfe6e198d.jpg

Cont..

8081d11713b3428d9d01ab70e4b0ae93.jpg

b0bb6386b9f4aaf5246802e9ed75e4ff.jpg

Soon enough Nassau came into view

199a40c353a7f9ea67f5b8828eaac9c2.jpg

Along came the pilot

85df49d18d736b95c73a994e093f7994.jpg

In the turning basin we found, for the 100th time now, The Lost City of Atlantis!

8e7ae21a49442660357670d667d910a1.jpg

Seems like we will have company today

7da7483e92e1bcf77554bbf3bc4225a2.jpg

Our plans for today are currently up in the air between enjoying the ship or cabbin over to the Atlantis. The sun seems to be shining today, so we will see.

Hope everyone no matter where you hail from has a great day!