Live - It's time to Breakaway from the everyday. Breakaway 10/22 - 10/29/2017

seadog67

The Executive Decision has been rendered... meaning Mrs Seadog decided... we will remain on the ship today...

Now to peruse the Dailies for something we will probably not do...

2fb5db0aed6dd59fb8f48165bb8904de.jpg

6f78cfa513d14442191c484656c52a83.jpg

8fb69e9f198ac3262d547d77ce56bef3.jpg

ee06c96f075c7a580e5e9cdaaaedb648.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time for a CSA ( Cruiser Service Announcement)

We have all seen the “mind/watch your head” sign as we entered a tender or other area getting off the ship..

0f4eca43adb9bfdac2d7df01fbb99a0e.jpg

However there is a much more insidious danger lurking in each or our cabins. I propose new signage “mind your toes”....

The raised thresholds leading into the bathroom and balconies are a danger!

98253303e49c6786060b89a83c9ca8a0.jpg

060663a9729ad5c68b6d3db156458695.jpg

My toes may never be the same after a few of the stubbings..

While I cannot definitively say the adults pool is heated, it seems very temperate given the early airtemp so I would venture it is to some degree..

The adults pool is a uniform 6’ 8”, so unless you are an NBA Star you may not be able to touch bottom.

8fa44352c5bfd562461ff75205c4b6fb.jpg

3922433c7933ede62a54f851c28ff365.jpg

3eaec5dad5715e2d6cebbedcce1b8cce.jpg

We found a nice pool spot. Between the pool bandstand and the hot tubs are little alcoves with chairs that, today, have full sun and no neighbors, and out of the paths. When the ship is empty and possible when not as well and no band is playing it seems like a nice somewhat secluded / quiet spot to sun by the pool..

dd999046bd7720c65bbaa7bd6ad254d3.jpg

f2ec5b0bfd51565d3359e2c37c93b4b8.jpg

Time for a CSA ( Cruiser Service Announcement)

We have all seen the “mind/watch your head” sign as we entered a tender or other area getting off the ship..

0f4eca43adb9bfdac2d7df01fbb99a0e.jpg

However there is a much more insidious danger lurking in each or our cabins. I propose new signage “mind your toes”....

The raised thresholds leading into the bathroom and balconies are a danger!

98253303e49c6786060b89a83c9ca8a0.jpg

060663a9729ad5c68b6d3db156458695.jpg

My toes may never be the same after a few of the stubbings..

That will be me....with broken or sprained toes by the end of the cruise. Looks like a rolled up towel in front of that entryway might help be a reminder.

That depth has never made sense to me. Perhaps they can address that at some point during a drydock, but it may be difficult depending on where the drains are located. Maybe a gradual decrease in depth.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I also question the large flat 2” shelf of water on each side that is about 10 feet wide that seems like is meant for sitting in but I did not see many utilizing even when crowded. Seems either a larger pool (probably prohibited due to weight) or more deck room would make more sense, but I rarely have used this pool so this is just theory.

That will be me....with broken or sprained toes by the end of the cruise. Looks like a rolled up towel in front of that entryway might help be a reminder.

Not a bad idea uneamie!

That depth has never made sense to me. Perhaps they can address that at some point during a drydock, but it may be difficult depending on where the drains are located. Maybe a gradual decrease in depth.

I hear ya....no gradual decrease in depth seems ridiculous to me. Of course, they may have done that on purpose to keep small kids and adults from lingering and hanging out in the pool.

I hear ya....no gradual decrease in depth seems ridiculous to me. Of course, they may have done that on purpose to keep small kids and adults from lingering and hanging out in the pool.
I was thinking that too. They figure with the small pool that deep get in get out.

Time for a CSA ( Cruiser Service Announcement) ... “mind/watch your head” sign as we entered a tender or other area getting off the ship ... I propose new signage “mind your toes”....

The raised thresholds leading into the bathroom and balconies are a danger! ...

I concur, another reason that DW always like a night light (in our case, a USB-battery pack powered LED light or battery "tealight") Those disposable hotel slippers (in my XXL size) to the rescue, perhaps. Unlikely for NCL to upgrade all the staterooms with LED floor lighting for safety/egress, like those on planes ... :halo:

It's really difficult to concentrate on work projects while trying to follow this live. But, managed to be productive = more packing (medications & OTC checked, restocked & ready with extras) and inching toward 99% completion, trying to keep it light and only take so much for the week - despite being 30 to 45 minutes from the pier.

Bad forecasts for Sunday's turnaround, showers in NY area Saturday night, become heavy & windy for us ... into early Monday, that's a near guarantee for a somewhat bumpy ride.

You must've been up around the pool/hot tub area early to get those nice pictures without the crowd ... which, it seemed - were lined up in the buffet to make sure they get their carbo & calories. Q - have you been up in the H2O area when it's adults only during the day vs. evenings for all ages, we never seemed to make our way up there either ... maybe, this time. The reception for all Latitude members was held there the last time but turnout wasn't all that great vs. the one for Gold/Plantinum in Fat Cats ... The only "giveaways" was a short welcome talk by the CD followed by remarks from the Captain, without really doing any Q&A, some of the officers did mingle for a short while afterward.

From the MDR - any outstanding, special and new entrees that got your attention ... I missed the old varieties of salad & starter items, get boring after 2 or 3 days with the repeat. Just an observation & good to help us not gain the extra pounds. If you spot a so-called Seafood Basket "Special" posted for OSH, check it out (don't get excited)

And, the final count is down to 3 for us ... :evilsmile:

Mking I ignored your last sentence with your countdown :) your 3 days of anticipation is mine of dread :)

Have not tried the main dining yet, but will be on Friday and Saturday so will see whats up.

Hope you have a great time next week!

My current view from deck 8

9fcd86ebeee7ef5365dcc3801500cd1c.jpg

If we never left I would not mind...

Just a little bit of heaven on earth

8797e1169a27251642efaa10c6c31fa6.jpg

I thought I told my crew not to move my yacht without me....

1b5b17a5a7a32e633271f9bb25e07f09.jpg

The aforementioned deck 8 Waterfront Aft wraparound

1aebbb4664218f3894de4efd8b742917.jpg

9f3e222fce4343e1861fb3184a9bb329.jpg

A few times I wish I carries a better camera than my iphone to do these vistas a bit of photo justce

8a87e79f1e506bb2c40fbd5655e6a599.jpg

Currently we moved from the pool deck to the completely deserted deck 8 Waterfront..

78c10331296e3cf5b7f0763d0ad9f007.jpg

Not much exciting to report... and that is a good thing for us as this solitude is amazing. We are luckily achieving the breakaway from the everyday at this moment.

Beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing them ... a tough act for anyone to follow.

As for that pool depth, definitely agreed with other comments - hotel swimming pools are nowadays no more than 4' 8" to maybe 5' 6" or less at the deep end and a gradual slope. I also remembered BA putting up a movable barrier in the middle of the pool last year - couldn't figure out what they're trying to do. Anyway, a crew is supposed to be on duty as safety monitor (lifeguard functions) at/next to the pool to keep everyone out of trouble ... noticed him/her ?

What's cooking for lunch today ? Have you sampled the pool deck BBQ (if they are doing that) ? Oh, feel free to ignore and disregard our "counts" ... my apologies extended, and enjoy yours. Typically, Day 5 is where DW begin and question me on why we are heading the other direction, I fully understand.

How about a B2B, book now and stay onboard - extend that vacation for another week. Checked the inventory last night, good last minute availability & solo in balcony without paying the supplement at bargain prices.

Enjoy Nassau ... it's raining here in the city. Have a great afternoon.

Thank you for the amazing updates and pics. I am getting so excited for our trip on BA, t-minus 24 days!!!

I am traveling with my BF and his 3 kids (20 twins and 18), and they have never been on a cruise, and I have only ever been on Carnival. What is the one thing that I should prepare us for on the BA? I have never been on a ship of this size, and I want to make sure that they have a good time. I have been told to go to the dueling piano bar, and to the shows. But in your well traveled opinion, what is the one thing we cannot miss?

Thank you for doing this live during your vacation, and answering all of our questions. You are a very nice person to do all this!!! Enjoy your last few days.

Alyssa :)

Beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing them ... a tough act for anyone to follow.

As for that pool depth, definitely agreed with other comments - hotel swimming pools are nowadays no more than 4' 8" to maybe 5' 6" or less at the deep end and a gradual slope. I also remembered BA putting up a movable barrier in the middle of the pool last year - couldn't figure out what they're trying to do. Anyway, a crew is supposed to be on duty as safety monitor (lifeguard functions) at/next to the pool to keep everyone out of trouble ... noticed him/her ?

What's cooking for lunch today ? Have you sampled the pool deck BBQ (if they are doing that) ? Oh, feel free to ignore and disregard our "counts" ... my apologies extended, and enjoy yours. Typically, Day 5 is where DW begin and question me on why we are heading the other direction, I fully understand.

How about a B2B, book now and stay onboard - extend that vacation for another week. Checked the inventory last night, good last minute availability & solo in balcony without paying the supplement at bargain prices.

Enjoy Nassau ... it's raining here in the city. Have a great afternoon.

No problem on the pics an updates, having enjoyed so many on cruise critic over the years I am happy to try and reciprocate.

Have not noticed if they have the pool BBQ, but admittedly have not been up there much due to the weather beyond today.

Lunch is going to be O’Sheehan’s as I type, update incoming on that shortly.

Would love to stay on for a b2b, alas, work is beckoning, as I see my email count growing by the minute for my attention next week :(

Thanks for following all week and for you input and knowledge, it really helps flesh out live reports!

Thank you for the amazing updates and pics. I am getting so excited for our trip on BA, t-minus 24 days!!!

I am traveling with my BF and his 3 kids (20 twins and 18), and they have never been on a cruise, and I have only ever been on Carnival. What is the one thing that I should prepare us for on the BA? I have never been on a ship of this size, and I want to make sure that they have a good time. I have been told to go to the dueling piano bar, and to the shows. But in your well traveled opinion, what is the one thing we cannot miss?

Thank you for doing this live during your vacation, and answering all of our questions. You are a very nice person to do all this!!! Enjoy your last few days.

Alyssa :)

Not a problem, I am really glad it’s enjoyable! It goes without saying but I will anyway, I know you all will have a great time.

If you like music, there is plenty of good options on board and we have enjoyed a lot of it. Also Rock of Ages is a good show to be sure to see.

While we have not made it. The parties out in the back of deck 15 in Spice H2O I hear are really good, we plan to hit one in the coming evenings.

This may be more a personal must do, but today on deck 8 waterfront I snoozed while a gentle breeze cooled me and Mrs S. read. It was amazing for calm, quiet solitude with the occasional ship passing and seagull visiting

bdaafba9bd4fc646eb52f80aec191246.jpg

810d27af707c752061f4a7c4336cb731.jpg

You all could, for an additional fee do the Ice Bar, but from my last trip, it was not worth the fee but fun non the less.

Sorry there is more than one must do ;) but you get the idea, have a blast and enjoy your Breakaway from the Everyday!

Quick lunch today in O’Sheehan’s

4a1b9ba951559510066ccf32ce58c1ed.jpg

Mrs S had the Wings.. 4 out of 5 forks, she enjoyed them.

BBQ Burger for me..

5 out of 5 Forks -was juicy and had lots of crispy bacon and a tangy BBQ Sauce. One suggestion, kick it up a notch and ask for cheese. I did not but it was still very nice..

bd8f178d3e60a13d614a586515601adc.jpg