QE2 15 December minicruise

Navaleye

alas no, l did a similar one a few years back in 2002, the run ashore in Guernsay was good for the duty free prices, when we sailed from Southampton it wasnt looking as though we would get near Guernsey with the rough seas, but we did!!.

You will nodoubt have a great time and come back raving about the old gal!!!

have a great time anyway!!!!

Myles

I'll second that cunardqueen, it was a great mini trip & as you know I've since done 3 more QE2 cruises & a QM2 crossing this year - back on QE2 in Sep 2006 & probably again before that. I recall the ship rocking a bit on the last night on our way back to Southampton but I was midships - in cabin 2063 - so did not feel much movement in the cabin! I do though remember when I returned on the tender from St Peter Port we had trouble 'docking' and the seas were pushing us all over the place!

Regards,

RJMS74

Navaleye, my wife and I will be joining you on the QE2 next Thursday, but we'll be making it a 'maxicruise', disembarking on Jan 3rd.

cunardqueen, you mention duty free in Guernsey....are there duty free stores on the dock or is the whole island duty free? Is this the place to stock up on 'liquids'?

Ray

duty free in Guernsey....are there duty free stores on the dock or is the whole island duty free? Is this the place to stock up on 'liquids'?

Ray

Ray,

Guernsey has its own duty on booze (lower than the UK's) and no VAT - so everything is generally a bit cheaper. HOWEVER, if you are looking to buy electronics for example, you will find the greater competition of a Tottenham Court Road in London will drive down prices by more than the 17.5% VAT rate - generally Guernsey prices are RRP - VAT.

Peter

Archived