Carnival Vacation Protection and Swapping Guests

itsrocky94

I have searched and cant find this information anywhere. We are going on our 3rd cruise in February and I purchased CVP for one guest who is 92, just in case something were to happen or she doesn't feel up to traveling at the time. At the moment we aren't planning on this but if it were to happen...Since we have Carnivals insurance for her, would we be able to switch her out with a new guest? or is it just a refund and if we wanted to bring someone else we could pay with the refund money? I've never done any of this before and its the first time I've ever gotten insurance of any type for a cruise. Thank you everybody!

neither

It's going to be her cancelling and filing a claim with the insurance.

Then, it's going to be a new deposit and a new payment (at whatever the prevailing rate is) for the new person.

So, we will have to file a claim even though its through Carnival? If the inevitable happens and she doesn't go, we most likely won't bring anyone else. I just wanted to know in case we did, so I wouldn't be scrambling for information at the last minute. Thanks!

So, we will have to file a claim even though its through Carnival? If the inevitable happens and she doesn't go, we most likely won't bring anyone else. I just wanted to know in case we did, so I wouldn't be scrambling for information at the last minute. Thanks!

You didn't buy "Carnival" insurance. You bought an insurance developed for and sold by Carnival, but managed by Trans America most likely

2 different businesses

Just like buying insurance when you buy an appliance. Home Depot is not the insurance company.