Fabulous Cruise on Silhouette sailed 10/11/17

oliver1821

I have been on Celebrity numerous times and each time the experience was better than the last one! Picked this Itinerary for the ports visited; Spain, Portugal, UK and France. My friend had never been to Europe so this was especially great for her. The ship is in excellent condition and the crew were outstanding as usual. We booked most of our excursions through Celebrity and were not disappointed. All the ports were wonderful, especially France.

The food was great, we were in Aqua Class and ate mostly in their specialty restaurant Blu, the food was wonderful!! We also ate in Murano, Lawn Club and Tuscan all were outstanding with a special shout out to the Lawn Club for their grilled lamb chops!!

Although the cruise was quite port intensive, we had 3 sea days and booked 1/2 day excursions at most ports to enjoy the ship too.

We got an upsell for Aqua Class 3 days before the cruise and took advantage of it!! Would not however, pay the full price for Aqua as it was almost $1,000 pp. With that extra money, you can eat at all the specialty restaurants, get a daily pass to Persian Gardens and still have money left over for treatments, etc. Blu is good just not worth $1,000 pp.

The people we met on this cruise were eclectic and interesting from many countries and backgrounds.

Thanks so much for your comments. We are sailing aboard "Silly" on her westbound TA departing 04 November. Our group was following your progress throughout. She is my favorite ship in the Celebrity fleet, so it is good to know she is in good form.

Thanks so much for your comments. We are sailing aboard "Silly" on her westbound TA departing 04 November. Our group was following your progress throughout. She is my favorite ship in the Celebrity fleet, so it is good to know she is in good form.

Enjoy your cruise!! I know you will:D

Hi Oliver, thanks for the review.

We are doing our first celebrity cruise next May, Russia and the Baltic. Have only done one cruise before, on the Independence of the Seas. Can’t wait

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

oliver1821

Thank you much for your timely thread/post/review of your recent trip on Silhouette. I am not new to Celebrity, but will be on this ship for the first time in late November. I'm looking forward to many of the same things you did with regard to enjoying the ship and the specialty dining. Although I will be in the MDR, we are also looking forward to the wonderful food, great service, and meeting of new folks around a dinner table each evening.

Walter

First time with X on Silhouette in March. San Juan, St Thomas and St Maarten - hope to spread some cash to local businesses. The more we read about Silhouette the more we look forward to sailing on her.

Lord knows they need all the help they can get. You will love X as I see you have done lots of RCCL, which is great too. Enjoy your cruise:cool:

First time with X on Silhouette in March. San Juan, St Thomas and St Maarten - hope to spread some cash to local businesses. The more we read about Silhouette the more we look forward to sailing on her.

oliver1821

Thank you much for your timely thread/post/review of your recent trip on Silhouette. I am not new to Celebrity, but will be on this ship for the first time in late November. I'm looking forward to many of the same things you did with regard to enjoying the ship and the specialty dining. Although I will be in the MDR, we are also looking forward to the wonderful food, great service, and meeting of new folks around a dinner table each evening.

Walter

Walter, I forgot to mention we did eat in MDR for dinner once, which was fabulous and lunch a few times too, honestly not much difference than Blu. Both had excellent food and service. You will see big difference in the specialty restaurants:) Enjoy your cruise!

We are doing our first celebrity cruise next May, Russia and the Baltic. Have only done one cruise before, on the Independence of the Seas. Can’t wait

You are going to love Celebrity. RCCL is great but there is something special about X. Enjoy your cruise, bring winter cloths:D

Sorry, just noticed you are going in May, should not be very cold then. LOL